Rain

On the way home, I told my family of my little "adventure". They were obviously not amused, but the show must go on.

Opening the front day, I could smell the scent of vanilla. They must have bought the candles I recommended, now they'll use these forever and will mention it to me all day.

"I'm gone for a couple weeks and all of a sudden it's like a bakery in here? Oh what's the occasion?" I joked, patting my mother on the back.

All their eyes were staring at me, as I began to walk to shut the front down. This was new, everyone watching me. It also isn't something I'm fond of, although it does depend on the crowd.

"Uhm, guys?"

"Tairus, dear, will you sit down with us?" My father began, as we all sat down in our own little spots.

I began to notice that the aura that surrounded us wasn't pleasant. The aura seemed to have a bit of a thickness to it, even though I'm not even sure what that means.

"What's up? Is it my birthday and I forgot about it again? Jeez I alwa-"

"We will not be allowing you near Lola. She seemed to be attached to you, always talking about you, and how amazing you are. Doesn't that sound weird, dear?" My mother looked over at father as he began to nod his head.

"Yes, it is quite strange. Now, you don't have a string, do you?"

"No, and you know that. What's the point then if I don't have a string and she adores me?"

"Dear we um... We suspect that perhaps her string is connected to you, but you don't return the connection with her soul."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Honestly, it had to be a joke. How could someone's string be connected to someone who doesn't have one?

"Right, okay, next thing you're gonna tell me is that the sky is actually purple!"

"We're serious. Although we're not quite sure if it's true, or not, we still want you to be... Careful."

Caressing my knuckles, my mother and father look at each other and then walk away, arm in arm.

This was something new, something that had not been told to me before. But I'm pretty sure it's not true, how could she be connected to both Kevin and I? I will ask her about it, when I can.

The very next day, I had to go to school. My little vacation didn't last long, although I did miss it.

Here and there I'd get a smile from someone in the hallway, or a, "So glad you're back!" From my teachers. Though, the only person I really wanted attention from, was Lola.

Bumping into someone, I apologized quickly and then realized it was this one boy, Daniel Jackson. Oh, Lord, he's one of the gorgeous boys in this school.

"Hey, sorry, I should've been paying attention. I'm sorry I hurt your pretty face- I-I-I MEAN YOUR BACK." He kinda looked down at me and laughed, as I soon began to run off.

"What a dork." Daniel smiles, closing his locker.

Sitting in my sit, I realize it's the second semester. Boo. That's also when I realized that I'm in the wrong class, as I'm supposed to be in art, and not in photography.

"You're in this class?" Turning, Lola is standing behind me, holding onto her bag pretty tightly.

"Oh, yeah. What's up? I have to ask you something." I said, sitting at a table, she sits next to me.

"Go on. We have a couple minutes to bell." She rests her head on her hand and stared at me, waiting.

"I-I... Uh... Nevermind." Shrugging, I simply say, "Sorry, I forgot my question."

Lola rolls her eyes and pushes me lightly, enough for me to move. She has a smile on her face, and it hit me how dangerous this girl can be.

Why? Dangerous? Lola is a real beauty, she has the perfect hair, perfect eyes, perfect lips! Not everyone is gifted like this! Her voice sounds like angels singing from heaven!

"Alright, class, take out a piece of paper and begin to draw the person sitting next to you. This will be your first practice and grade for this class." Mr. Davis turns and looks at Lola and I, before shaking his head and sighing. "Tairus, if you could, will you switch seats with Chris for today?"

"Uh, sure." I get up and collect my supplies, before waving bye to Lola.

Sitting where Chris once was, I see two boys and a girl staring at me. The girl then whispered to both boys, and they nodded.

"Hello! I'm Troy! And this is-"

"Hi, hello. I'm Joseph, we're brothers. Twins, if you can't tell."

"And it is I, Jane! I'm the beauty of this group, no offense." Jane laughs at herself as the boys then proceed to draw.

"I guess I'll be sketching you, correct?" I ask, more to myself, but to Jane as well.

"I'm guessing so, I'm quite a fine piece." Jane laughs again, I admire her. She laughs at her own jokes, that's amazing.

Smiling, I sit next to her, and we then began to draw. Class was almost over when we were told to reveal our pieces.

Sitting in shame, I wasn't able to get much done. I just couldn't get her face! While, on her end, she drew me perfectly. She drew ever inch of me as though it was a picture being taken through a camera.

"This is beautiful! How do you do it so well?"

"It's a special gift, I suppose."

The twins then began discussing their drawings, Troy, he drew a stick figure. But poor Joseph actually put in the effort.

Searching the room, I see Lola and Chris talking. Lola must've noticed my staring, as she and Chris looked over and they both waved before going back to talking.

Getting up from my seat, I go over to Lola's table.

Mr. Davis approaches me, and stops me in my place.

"What do you think you're doing? You know to stay at your table."

"Actually, sir, this is my first day and u wasn't told that information. So that's your fault."

Mr. Davis scoffs, and let's me go by, he crossed his arms and watched me.

"Lola I need to talk with you."

"Yes?"

"Alone."

"I'm sure we're okay here."

That damn smile got me again, and I just couldn't help it. My mouth opened and I yelled out the following,

"Do you really have a connection with my non-existent string, or is that just a rumor?"