Chapter 2: The Neighbor

I woke up the next morning, and looked out my window. I realized the house next door, that had been for sale for as long as I can remeber, had been sold. A moving van was parked out front of the house and a couple of workers were taking things into the house.

Then, after school, a car pulled into the drive way. Two people got out of the car. One was a middle age women with bright red hair. The other was the hottest guy I have ever seen. He was tall and perfectly tan. He had golden blond hair, and deep, sea blue eyes. He had perfectly toned muscle, and he wore tight jeans and a semi-tight t-shirt.

My jaw dropped. I had to know who he was. I ran down stairs and asked my parents.

"Oh, their the Solter. They moved here from California. But I don't want you to go anywhere near them. Their mortal." My dad said with a scowl. 

"What is up with magicians and mortals?! Why can't we just get along?!" I said angrily.

"You know perfectly well why." My mother said.

"Cause all magicians think their better." I said angrily.

"No because we just don't get along." My father said. 

"Why? Has anyone ever even tried?" I complained.

"Not that I know of." My mother said. 

"Then I shall be the first you know of." I said running out the door.

"Kyiler Dawn, you get back here this instant!" My father yelled after me. 

Nither of them tried to stop me though. I walked over to the house next door. I knocked and instantly got an answer. The woman with the bright red hair answered.

"Hello, Mrs. Solter. I am Kyiler Dawn, I live in the house to the right. I just wanted welcome you to the neighbor hood." I said with a smile.

She returned the smile and said " Hello Mr.Dawn. I am Loocy." 

We shook hands and she invited me in.

"Daylon, get down here. We have a guest." Mrs. Solter shouted up the stairs.

"Come right this way so we can chat. Hope your parents don't mind." She said taking me into their living room.

"Oh they don't mind at all." I lied.

Right then, the boy that I had seen earlier came down the stairs an into the living room. He looked down at me and smiled, showing off his perfect teeth. I tried not to blush but it was so freakin' hard.

"Hello, I'm Daylon." The kid said  holding out his hand. I shook his hand.

"I'm Kyiler, but you can call me Kyi for short." I said sitting down.

We talked for a while but I didn't pay attention to what we where talking about. I was too busy looking at Daylon to listen. He was so amazing and nice. How could anyone hate someone so amazing without getting to know them. It was so unfair. 

"Oh, you should stay for dinner." Mrs. Solter said snapping my out of my trance.

"I don't see why not." I said with a smile. 

"Oh you should go get your parents. I'll feel bad if I don't invite them." She said 

"Oh no, their ... germiphobs. They hate leaving the house." I said uneasily.

"Oh, then it'll just be us three." Mrs. Solter said standing up and heading into the kitchen.

Daylon and I stood up at the same and bumped into each other.

"Sorry." We said at the same time.

Our eyes met and we sat there, eyes locked. I tried to look away but I couldn't. His deep blue eyes kept me in a trance. We seemed to be getting closer. We got really close when Mrs. Solter came back into the living room.

We both backed away. My face turned bright red, and I could have sworn his did too but it could have been my imagination.

"Come and eat. We're having pasta." Mrs. Solter said with a smile.

We went into the kitchen and had a wonderful dinner and talked a lot. I loved it. Daylon was super funny and cool. Oh... I can't have feelings for him. I mean I'm a magician and he's mortal. that just don't mix... does it? I don't know.

When I got home, my parents grounded me for running off. I complained, and tried to reason with them, but they didn't listen.

 I sat in my room thinking about Daylon. I hate it how something that is forbidden makes you want it even more.