Chapter 7: Fine! I'll Go!

When I stepped inside my parents were waiting for me.

"Where were you?" My dad said sternly.

"Wouldn't you like to know." I said defiantly.

"Kyi, we just want to know what you where doing at one thirty in the morning." My mom said calmly.

"I was out, with a friend." I said (technically that wasn't a lie).

"Kyiler Dawn, you tell me the truth." My dad said angrily.

"That is the truth." I snapped.

Suddenly, my necklace began to glow again.

"What is that?" My mom asked sounding ever shocked.

"Nothing." I said quickly, covering up my necklace.

"No that's not nothing." My dad said. he walked over to me and saw the golden chain of my necklace. He grabbed the golden chain and ripped the necklace off of my neck.

"Hey," I said trying to get it back, but failed.

My dad held the necklace up, and inspecting it careful. Then my mom's face light up.

"Oh, I'd know that glow anywhere, it's love. Oh Richard, our son is in love with the girl that gave him that necklace" She said with an ear to ear grin.

"Ya, but girls don't give guys necklaces like this..." My dad said spuriously

They both looked at me, their eye baring down on me. BUSTED!

"I've been meaning to talk to you guys for a while now, but I never got to it. We here go nothing... I'm gay." I said uneasily. They sat there staring at me blankly. Suddenly my dad became very angry.

"Who gave you this necklace?" He said angrily.

I hesitated.

"Kyiler..." My mom asked sounding very scared.

I couldn't tell them.

"It was that neighbor kid wasn't it?" My dad said now fuming mad.

"Okay fine, it was you happy now!" I screamed.

"I can't believe this! It is's one thing to be gay, but to fall in love with a mortal!! I can't believe this! I disown you, you are not my son! Get out of my house, you thing!!" My dad screamed.

I suddenly felt really hurt. I didn't expect them to act this way. My mom didn't expect it ether because she looked utterly stunned.

"Richard, don't you think that was a little harsh?" My mom asked.

"No, Merica, I don't think I'm being harsh. I don't want that disgraceful thing in my house!" My dad snapped.

"That disgraceful thing is you're son!' My mom snapped back.

They started screaming at each other. I sat down, trying to take in what had just happened. My father hated me. I had just been kicked out of the house. The only things I had left where my friends, my cell phone, and Daylon. I suddenly began to bawl. I couldn't take it.

My mom heard my sobs and looked down at me sympathetically. My father on the other hand, looked down at me with hate and anger in his eyes.

"I never want to see you or your little faggot friend again!" My father growled.

"Fine!!! Oh and that faggot friend of mine, he is twice the man you'll ever be! He is kind, fun, smart and understanding. All things you lack. Yes he may not have as much power but he has something much greater. He has a heart, something you'll never have!! You are not my father, never were never will be!!" I screamed storming out of the house.

My dad just watched, standing, his face full of anger.

I walked out to the side walk and sat down on the curb. I sat their and bawled. I pulled out my phone and called Hayley. It rang a few times then she answered.

"Kyi, it's two in the morning. What is it?" She asked.

"Oh Hayley..." I sobbed.

"Oh my god, Kyi, are you okay?" She asked suddenly really concerned.

I told her everything. Me sneaking out with Daylon. My parents finding out. My dad's reaction.

"Oh my god that's just awful. I'll be right over to pick you up. You can stay at my house for a while." She said kindly.

"Oh thank you Hayley." I sobbed, hanging up.

Hayley was there in a matter of seconds. She ran out of the passenger's side door of her little blue car, and gave me a big hug.

"I'm so sorry." She said still clinging to me.

By this time I had calmed, a bit, but I was still crying. Hayley helped me into her car. We all sat there is silence the entire time. I was still in shock. I couldn't believe my dad could be so mean.

When we got to Hayley's house, I was already starting to fall a sleep. Hayley's mom showed me to my room. I fell onto the bed and fell asleep instantly.

"Fine! I'll go!" I thought to myself. "And I never want to go back!"