Chapter 3: PARTY!!!!

It is finally Friday! I can't wait. I just got invited to a party (after what felt like hours of arguing, my parents finally un-grounded me). Then, an idea popped into my head.

I grabbed my phone and called Hayley, the host of the party.

"Hey, Hay! I just had a question about your party." I said when she answered .

"Okay," She said.

"I was just wondering if I could bring a friend." I said smiling a bit. 

"Sure, the more the merrier." Hayley said happily.

"See ya later." I said hanging up.

I jumped out of my bed and ran down stairs. I opened the front door as silently as I could. and ran over to the Solter's house. I knocked and eminently Mrs. Solter answer the door. 

"Hello Mrs.Solter. May I speak with Daylon?" I asked very politely. 

"Oh, well aren't you just a gentle man? Sure thing." she replied with an ear to ear grin.

She went over to the stairs and shouted, "Daylon, you've got a visitor." Then, she turned and continued to clean.

Daylon came down the stairs with headphones in his ears. He saw me standing in the door way and smiled. He walked over to me and took out his headphones.

"Hey, Kyiler, is it?" Daylon said with a smile.

"Ya, just call me Kyi. I ... well my friends are havin' a party tonight, and I was wondering if you want to come?" I said trying not to blush.

"Are you sure I'm welcome? I mean we don't even go to the same school." He asked raising an eyebrow.

"They're totally fine with it." I lied. 

"Well, I'll go ask my mom." He said. 

He turned and left, leaving me in the door way. A couple minuets later, he came back smiling.

"She's totally fine with that. When and where?" He asked.

"I'll just pick you up in about an hour. See ya." I said happily.

"See ya." Daylon said shutting the door.

As I walked away I realized my heart was racing like I'd just run a marathon.

Now came the hard part, convincing  my parents to give Daylon a ride.

I got into the house and bumped right into my dad.

"Where have been?" He asked crossing his arms.

"Over at the Solter's. Why do you ask?" I retaliated

"I told you no going over there." My dad said angrily.

"Oh, calm down. I was just talking to Daylon. Oh, by the way I invited him to the party, and offered to give him a ride. I hope you don't mind." I said calmly.

My dad looked like he was about to have a heart attack.

"What?! No! Absolutely not! It is bad enough that we have to live next to him, now I have to give him a ride. Is he even invited?" My dad said through gritted teeth.

"Yes, he is invited! And we are giving him a ride whether you like it or not! Now, if you don't mind, I have a party to go to and you're taking me, and Daylon." I snapped.

I had never felt so angry before. I think my dad was more surprised than I was. he took a step back and said, "Fine, I'll take him, but I won't enjoy it."

...................................................................................

My dad sat in the car while I ran and got Daylon.