Chapter 11: Painful Memories

Daylon and I walked home, hand in hand. We got several weird looks, but we didn't care. We were just happy we had each other.

When we got to our houses, we stood there in front of them still holding hands.

"Are you sure you want to face your mom alone? I will come with you if you want?" I asked.

"No, this is something I need to do alone." Daylon said holding me closer. He bent down and kissed me. Then we split and went to our houses. I wanted to go and make sure Daylon was okay, but I was sure he could handle it.

I lay there on my bed looking at the ceiling, when my mom came into my room.

"Hey, honey. Can I talk to you?" She asked as she walked in.

"Ya." I said

"Well after all that has happened, I was wondering if you still wanted to have a birthday party. Of course you'd have to wait till Friday, but..." She trailed off.

I sat up and looked at her funny.

"You are offering to let me have a party?" I asked.

"Of course if you don't want to have one you don't  have to. I am fine with that." She said with a smile.

"No I want to have one, it's just weird cause you've never let me have a party before." I said.

"There's always a first, as the mortals say." She said walking out of my room.

........................................................................................................................................

FRIDAY:

I had spent that entire week preparing for this party. I did everything. Inviting, cleaning, everything. It was totally worth it. The party was amazing. Everyone showed up. We had music, food, and people. What else does a party need?

A slow song came on, and Daylon walked over to me.

"Wanna dance?" He asked, grabbing my hand, and pulling me out of my seat. I hesitated, only because no one else was dancing. I pushed my fear to the back of my mind and nodded.

He put his arms around my waist, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Everyone seemed to notice at once and they all looked at us.

"Eveeryone's staring at us." I whispered.

"I don't care. Let them stare, for you I'd do anything." He said with a smile.

That got my heart racing. I bit my lip to keep myself from giggling. I suddenly didn't care what everyone else thought. As the song ended, I reached up and kissed him. Everyone just stayed silent. Some people giggled (most likely Hayley and Tiy and their friends).

At the end of the party, when everyone but Daylon had gone, I got an idea.

"Hey do you want to stay the night?" I asked turning to Daylon.

"Sure, I'd just have to ask my mom." He said with a smile.

"Well than go ask her." I said.

When he was gone, I ran to ask my own mother. She was in the kitchen.

"Hey mom, can Daylon sleep over?" I said politely.

She looked a little concerned.

"I don't know..." She said.

"Please, for my birthday." I begged.

"Fine." She sighed.

"Thank you, mom. Your the best." I said turning to leave.

"Oh, Kyi, before you leave, be careful." She said. It reminded me of the stranger that I met at the park. My thoughts turned towards the man. Who was he? Did he know me, and if he did, how? Was he stalking me? Was he watching me now?

I shuttered. My thoughts were broken by a knock on the door. I quickly answered it. Daylon stood there in pajama bottoms and a plane white tank top. He looked amazing. The tank top really showed off his well toned muscles. He must have noticed that I was staring because he laughed.

"Are you going to let me in or just sit there and stare at me?" He laughed.

"Oh, come in." I said snapping out of my little trance.

He walked in and I led him to my room. He sat down on my bed and I went into my bathroom and changed into some PJs.

When I came out, Daylon grabbed me by the waist and playfully tackled me on to my bed.

"Hey," I said poking him in the gut. He jumped, and I smiled wickedly.

"Are you ticklish?" I asked.

"A little." He blushed. He poked me back. I jumped and squealed.

"Your ticklish too." He said with a smile. He suddenly jumped on top of me and started tickling me.

"Stop." I pleaded through laughter. I grabbed Daylons hands and flipped us so I was on top of him. I stared tickling him. We sat there and wrestled for a while. it wasn't long before Daylon had me pinned on the ground.

"I've got ya now." He said playfully. Suddenly, I had a flashback.

A man was on top of me. I must have been six because I was really small. He was gripping me so hard it hurt. I tried to brake free from his grip, but he was too strong. He leaned down and whispered in my ear.

"You're mine, I've got ya now." He hissed.

I snapped back to reality.

"NO!!!!" I screamed like the man was still on top of me. Daylon was sent flying across the room. He landed with a thud on the other side of the room.

"Oh god, Daylon, I didn't..." I was cut off by a explosion of pain in my stomach. It felt like some one had just dragged a knife across my stomach. I screamed out in pain. I crumpled to the ground holding my stomach. I pulled up my shirt and the scare that had gone across my stomach was glowing. I touched it and suddenly the room erupted in blinding white light.

Memories suddenly poured into my mind. I suddenly remembered the real reason I got that scare.