19|| Leo

The problem with magic, Leo thought, was that the spells made absolutely no sense.

"Why on earth do we say Impedimenta?" He asked Terry Boot as he fired a spell at him. "I mean, what does that even mean?"

Terry shrugged as the spell hit Leo square in the chest, making him freeze on the spot. "Most of these are derived from Latin roots," he explained. "But to impede something is to slow it down or delay it, and I guess the 'imenta' part of it makes it an incantation?"

Leo unfroze and shook his head. "I missed all of that," he said. Terry sighed, frowning. "How are you unfreezing so fast?"

"I'm just so hot the cold can't hold me." Leo grinned. "The cold never bothered me anyway."

"What song is that?" Cedric asked curiously.

Jason groaned loudly. "Here we go," he muttered as Leo began to belt out Be A Man from Mulan.

"Disney," Piper raised her voice over Let's get down to business / to defeat the Huns. "It's a muggle thing."

Cho looked at Piper strangely. "You're a muggleborn Slytherin?"

"Half Blood," Piper corrected stiffly.

"Did they send me daughters / when I asked for sons?"

"That's surprisingly sexist," Fred commented.

"It's Disney," Hermione explained. "I prefer Beauty and the Beast myself," she added to Leo.

"I gatchu, fam," Leo exclaimed before breaking out into a warbly "bonjour! Bonjour! Bonjour! Bonjour! Bonjour! There goes the Baker with his tray like always / the same ol' —"

"Stupefy!" Terry Boot quickly cried, and Leo fell backwards onto the ground.

"Same ol' what?" Hazel asked.

"Bread and rolls to sell," Hermione finished. "Every morning just the same / since the morning that we came / to this poor provincial town."

"Never pinned you as a Disney fanatic," Annabeth said. Hermione lifted her head in a very dignified way.

"I had a childhood too, you know," she said. "Stupefy!"

Ron, about to open his mouth to speak, promptly fell backwards onto a cushion that appeared out of nowhere.

>>>•Percy•<<<

The night of Leo's D.A. Disney repertoire was peaceful as they come. Percy drifted in and out of dreamless sleep, listening to Dean Thomas's snores muffled by his pillow. Harry didn't close his four-poster drapes and he was sprawled across his bed like he was doing sleep-yoga. Percy closed his eyes.

Harry yelled out, sounding like he was very far away, and curiously enough began to thrash wildly, throwing his blankets to the floor and entangling his legs in the drapes, tearing them down. His eyes wrenching open, Percy leapt out of his bed and stood at Harry's.

Beds rustled and heavy thunks indicated everyone else was awake. Someone lit a candle, showing Ron was already at Harry's side.

"Harry!" Ron yelled, shaking him.

Harry's eyes flew open, and he pushed himself into a sitting position. Sweat beaded on his forehead, and in the dim, flickering light and reflection of the scarlet walls, his eyes looked blood red. Then he blinked and it was gone, but it didn't stop the dry shiver from travelling down Percy's spine.

"Your dad," Harry panted. "Your dad's... been attacked..."

"What?" Ron asked uncomprehendingly.