30|| Jason

Slytherin suffered a defeat from Hufflepuff, much to their displeasure. It was a narrow, but in the end, Hazel managed to score three points in a row before Cedric caught the snitch, securing a victory for Hufflepuff at 260 to 290.

"All we have to do is win by forty points," Angelina repeated over and over anxiously. "Ginny, you've got to remember that we can only win if you catch the snitch when we're forty points up—"

"I know, Angelina," Ginny grumbled.

"Alright, let's practice it again!" the Gryffindor captain shouted. Annabeth, Jason, and Angelina got into their formation while everyone else prepared to oppose them.

"Play fourteen!" Angelina shouted as she threw the quaffle up, snatched it from the air, and took off.

They went like that over again for days. Angelina didn't appear to care about the final exams. Her training was more rigorous and strict than ever ("Would Roger Davies stop to tie his robes back on? No! So get back to it!"). That added along to Hermione's study schedule and Jason, Annabeth, and Ron felt more swamped than they had in all their Hogwarts years.

The morning of the match was brilliant: clear, blue skies, not a breath of wind in the air. The sun wasn't too bright and the temperature was a kind warm. Lee Jordan, who was doing his usual commentating, did so with much less excitement than he had previously. Clearly upset that Leo, a Ravenclaw, had taken his place with the Weasley twins, he added some extra color to his language. In fact, the match seemed to be a personal vendetta of his even though Leo was no longer on campus.

"And they're off," he said dully. "Davies takes the Quaffle immediately. He dodges Chase, he dodges Johnson, he's going to score and—" Boom went the color. "—he's scored," Lee groaned.

Brilliant start, Jason thought sourly. Down by ten in the first minute. From the stands, he could see Hagrid shuffling through the first years. Slytherin once again burst into a new song of Weasley Is Our King.

"Back at it with Chase," Lee began; Jason was jarred to action as he realized the match had begun once again and he took off. Annabeth faked a cross field throw and passed it to Angelina— as unlikely as it was that she would actually go for the goal, the keeper still darted to the left goalpost, leaving the middle and right ones open for Angelina to score.

"Nice," Jason called guiltily to Angelina. She nodded distractedly and they went back to formation.

Madam Hooch blew her whistle again and the Quaffle spun into the air. Angelina seized it and made a sharp 180 turn away from Davies, taking off in a wide loop around the field. She dodged a bludger and passed to Jason who continued to throw off the other Ravenclaw chaser Bradley and threw it down to Annabeth waiting below him. Annabeth caught it and continued to snake down on the ground before trying to throw it back to Jason; as soon as the ball left her hands Carly Patterson, the third Ravenclaw chaser snatched it from the air and wove her way back to the Gryffindor side. Annabeth tailed her and drew up parallel, forcing her to veer to the left. Carly suddenly made a sharp turn and circled around behind Annabeth before taking a throw to the center and sent it flying to the right and suddenly Ron was there and before it could fly in, he caught it.

The Gryffindors were on their feet, clapping wildly. Ron's face was one of bewilderment as he threw the ball to Jason who immediately rocketed to the Ravenclaw side, flying upwards in an arc and nearly hitting Cho Chang on the way. Unopposed as the Ravenclaw team was still wondering how they failed the goal, he scored.

Angelina nodded at Ron in approval and Annabeth beamed and shot him a thumbs up. The Quaffle flew back in play, immediately snatched by Bradley whose head was nearly taken off by a rogue bludger. He swerved to the side and Jason saw the opportunity and darted forward to steal it and suddenly Bradley was straightening and Jason had grabbed his head.

"Foul!" Madam Hooch shrieked. There was a collective groan from the stands and players alike and Jason, his face beginning to flame, quickly retreated to the side to allow Bradley his shot. Bradley flew up to face the goals, he hovered for a moment before sending a neat curving ball spinning towards the left goal and—

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" Lee Jordan howled. "HE'S SAVED IT!"

The crowd was on their feet, clapping and cheering. Jason flew back into formation as Slytherin began to roar the chorus of Weasley Is Our King, as if angrily trying to force it to be possible. The lyrics rang clearer than ever through the field. There was no way Ron could possibly ignore it.

"Gods no," Annabeth hissed as her eyes darted to the Slytherin crowd.

"Will they just shut UP?" Angelina said loudly. The quaffle flew back into play and in her moment of anger, Davies grabbed it and dodged her outstretched hands. He darted between Annabeth and Jason and made a beeline for the left before throwing it to the center and Ron was flying at top speed towards it and managed to stop it with his broom tail. The crowd went wild. Well, the Gryffindor crowd.

Then a new lull started, softly at first but slowly growing and beginning to mute the Slytherin chant.

Weasley can save anything
He never leaves a single ring
That's why Gryffindors all sing
Weasley is our king

Jason seized the falling quaffle and passed it to Annabeth who faked a pass to Angelina and threw it back to Jason who was already taking off across the field and dodged a bludger and wove past Bradley and scored. And so it went. Gryffindor scored again. Ravenclaw tried to twice score and Ron was there. Gryffindor scored five more times. Ravenclaw tried to score. Gryffindor scored.

Weasley is our king
Weasley is our king
He never lets the quaffle in
Weasley is our king

Above them, Ginny and Cho seemed to be having an even greater battle than the Slytherins and the Gryffindors, and the Ravenclaws and Ron. They were swooping lower, trying to fake each other out and very frequently sending each other glares.

Jason scored again, perfectly legitimately by the way. It was now 90-10.

Suddenly the crowd was on their feet, pointing and watching and staring as Ginny darted downward at lightning speed and snatched the Snitch from the air before Cho even had a chance to begin flying towards it.

"We won!" Annabeth shrieked, nearly jumping off her broom. "We won! We've won the cup!"

Jason was grinning ear to ear. The beaters, Brandon and Jack were just as elated. Angelina was sobbing as she tackled Ron in a hug and dragged him to the middle of the field where the Gryffindors were swarming. They lifted Ron onto their shoulders, still cheering, and began to squeeze towards the castle.

Weasley is our king
Weasley is our king
He never lets the quaffle in
Weasley is our king...