-6

"Sorry, but I can't let you walk out with this. It's way above the legal voltage limit." Parrish stopped Chris, grabbing onto the gun placed on the desk.

"I only use it for hunting." Chris argued, Emilia and Derek glanced at each other humorously.

"Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure you could use it to jump-start a 747." Jordan remarked, Emilia shook her head completely unsurprised  "This property belongs to me and the charges were dropped. Although, I'm not exactly sure who's responsible for that."

"I am." Noah spoke up, walking over to the group "I'll take care of this, Parrish."

"Sheriff, I'm not kidding. This thing's a few watts from being a lightsaber." Jordan hesitated, Derek stared at Chris bitterly whilst Emilia rolled her eyes "I said I'll take care of it."

Jordan nodded, walking out of the office as Emilia moved to sit down on the seats. Emilia always thought it was funny watching Jordan try to do his job without knowing about the supernatural, she had gone to high school with the deputy and he was with Camden in the army.

"The specialist I saw in LA told me the thing that every doctor says when he's trying to avoid a lawsuit. 'We can't say for sure.' And then I spoke with Melissa. These are brain scans. My wife's and Stiles'." Noah informed them, passing over the scans to Derek and Chris, "I knew they were similar. But those are the same. Exactly the same. "

"And I'm guessing this isn't possible?" Derek frowned, passing Emilia the scans as Noah shook his head "Not even remotely."

"So the trickster is still playing tricks. But why this trick?" Chris pointed out, Noah sighed leaning against his desk chair "When I was in the Army, an officer told me, 'If you want to defeat your enemy, you don't take away their courage. You take away their hope.'"

"You don't look like a man who gives up hope easily." Chris added, Emilia sighed standing up from the chair behind them "But Stiles might."

"If this thing inside him, if it's using his mother's disease as some sort of psychological trick, then this isn't just a fight for his body. It's also a fight for his mind. Right?" Noah questioned, Chris hesitantly spoke up "You know, he's left people severely injured. "

"And others severely dead." Derek commented, Noah nodded towards the trio "That's why I need the three of you. I need people who are experienced in this kind of thing. I need you to help me stop him."

"And by stop him, you mean trap him." Chris realised, reaching forward to grab his gun as Noah hesitantly passed it back to him.

Emilia followed behind as they walked out of the office, reaching forward to grab Derek's hand. It made her worry seeing Derek throw himself in the middle of this mess, but she knew it was for a good reason.

"Derek." Emilia pulled him back, smiling nervously at him "Be careful."

_

"What's all this?" Emilia looked around at the hospital room in confusion, sighing as she spotted the labrador sat at the end of the bed "You snook buddy into the hospital?"

"We thought it would help wake him up, plus he missed Isaac." Melanie pouted, leaning down to cuddle the dog who had missed his owner.

Emilia nodded slowly, picking up Isaac's nurses records to see if anything had changed "Where's B?"

"Checking up on Finnstock, we heard him shouting from up here." Melanie answered, "Of all the people to get shot, of course it would be Bobby Finnstock."

"Well i guess he didn't expect to get a arrow to the stomach when he got dragged out of bed by Jason this morning." Emilia commented, walking forward to check Isaac's neck "Has it healed at all?"