Chapter 6 - Ambushed

Chapter 6 - Molly's POV

*Friday morning 14/05/14 - Bet: Day 3*

I'm sitting in the cafeteria the next day feeling too nauseous to eat. Directly across from me are Elle and Ethan and they're giving each other intimate touches every couple of minutes. Don't get me wrong, they are not completely ignoring me, it's just that they seemed to be slightly occupied.

It's like I'm in a parallel universe, you know the ones in the movies where everything has changed and you can never quite make sense of anything that is happening around you. That's how I am feeling at the moment. Many things are running through my mind, like just how did Ethan become Elle's boyfriend so quickly or how comes he notices me now and when did he become a regular at our lunch table in a matter of days. It seems all a bit unrealistic to me, like somehow I've missed a whole bunch of time where all this would of happened. But I didn't miss any part of my life. He definitely is doing all three of these things and they are all the reason for why I feel sick. To be honest I cannot really tell whether it's just sick of my life or sick in the literal sense.

Elle's Boyfriend.

The words seem so foreign to me, maybe it's because I've never said that word with a 'my' in front of it. But when Elle called me last night and told me this oh so wonderful news, note my sarcasm, I think I might have been a little crushed. I had given her my congratulations in a meek tone, which was all I could manage at the time, before quickly making an excuse about needing to do something before my mom came home. She'd brought it straight away and I was able to get away from the conversation. Do I feel bad for lying to her? Yeah of course but could I really have stayed on the phone whilst she gushed about her new found love life with someone that has been my crush for over three years? No I don't think so. Why would I put myself through that torture?

The other problem is Ethan taking his 'rightful' place at our lunch table. It's natural that he should want to sit with his girlfriend at lunch and it's even natural that they are overly affection and touchy-feely but do they have to do it when I'm there? No. Will they stop doing it because somehow without my telling them they suddenly know about my crush on Ethan and them being intimate is actually hurting my feelings? Pretty doubtful. But what am I supposed to do. It is undeniable that I cannot tell Elle about my feelings towards Ethan but really this situation just makes it plain awkward for me. When he speaks to me I cannot even reply back because I get so nervous, obviously he seems to know about me being a non-talker and socially awkward because when he gets no reply from me he just shrugs it off. Nope, that ignorance doesn't hurt either.

So I'll have to go through this day in and day out for who knows how long and I really don't know how I'm going to muddle through. It's times like these that I wish Ren were here to divert my attention from them. The situation between me and Ren is somewhat rigid, however it is a great deal easier than dealing with this other situation in front of me. I find it weird how I manage to get words out for Ren but not for Ethan. Maybe it's because I like Ethan so it makes me even more nervous. Just as I'm having these thoughts the boy in mind suddenly appears, strolling confidently through the cafeteria doors.

He looks mouth watering in his tight jeans that ride low on his hips and a grey v-neck. I catch a glimpse of ink showing on his peck above the t-shirt telling me that he has more ink than just on his arms. My eyes flitter to his face but I wish they hadn't. A murderous look is covering his face as he talks to his friends. I'm not too sure if this is his normal behaviour or if he's just having a bad day but as I look closer I can see his blood shot eyes and the lines around his face you would get from constant frowning. Something must have happened last night or this morning to cause all this. I don't know why I should be worried about it but it seems that thinking about Ren gets my mind off Ethan so I'm all for it.