Chapter 9 - Darkness

Chapter 9 - Molly POVIsijn.

*Friday evening 14/05/14 - Bet: Day 3*

T
'She's riding with me' repeats on a loop inside my head. The thought of his raspy voice sends shivers through my body. This time though I know whether they are good or bad and they are unquestionably good. Relief also spreads through me as the aspect of having to ride in the back seat with Dan can be a thing of the past if I accept Ren's offer.

I look at Elle to see if she heard what Ren just said and by the look on her face it is a definite yes. I don't think that she likes Ren because every time I've seen her looking at him it's always with a scroll on her face. I can't really blame her to be honest. I also find myself questioning why he would be hanging around with me.

I feel a presence behind me and notice that Ren is walking closer to me. I can feel the warmth radiating from him, keeping the late night chill from my back. I know that I want to go with him and not Dan and it's not like I will have to talk to him, I could just sit in silence and it will all be fine. Hopefully he doesn't get a little hand happy and try to feel me up like Dan did earlier.

I nod my head to no one in particular and mutter a quick bye to the three in the car. I see shock cover Elle's face as she realises that I'm going with Ren. She probably thinks that this is so unlike me but if she was actually paying attention during the movie and not making out with Ethan she would have noticed what Dan was doing to me, therefore knowing that I would definitely not want to ride with him if I had another option. I take a quick peek at Dan only to see him sending a glare towards Ren. His teeth a gritted and his hard jaw show his annoyance. Oh well, should teach him for touching me when I didn't want him to.

I start to move back towards Ren's car but forget that he was standing behind me, however before our bodies connect he quickly steps away. Did he step away because he feels disgusted with the thought of us touching or has he just somehow picked up on the fact that I don't like physical contact.

I stare at Ren and see that a victorious grin is plastered on his handsome face. As I stay staring at him he seems to get irritated and lets out a slight sigh. "Come on chop, chop let's get you home Molly" he breaks the silence.

I check over my shoulder and notice that Elle's car is gone. Have I really been gawking at him this whole time? How embarrassing! "O-ok" I mutter and follow behind him so he doesn't see my enflamed cheeks.

We finally get to his car which is some slick black car that I have no clue what make it is but it totally fits his badboy image. He comes round to my side and opens the door for me, maybe the badboys a secret gentleman. After Shutting my door he quickly gets in and starts the car, pulling away onto the deserted road.

I twiddle my thumbs not knowing what to do. Although I thought this would be better than going in Elle's car and that I could handle the silence, it feels somewhat awkward now that I'm actually doing it. I've never been the type of person to start the conversation so I really wouldn't know what to say to him to get him to talk. It would end up being pathetic and come out as a stutter anyway. Best not to embarrass myself and keep my mouth shut.

"So you're really quiet aren't you?" Ren finally speaks after about two minutes. I don't know whether to sigh in relief that he broke the silence or to feel embarrassed that he is basically calling me a mute, like he did the first time we met.

"Erhh....y-yeah" I answer awkwardly. I really don't know what to say to him.

"It's alright now that we are friends I will get you out of your shell" he sends me a quick grin before settling his eyes back on the road. "I mean just think about how far you have come already. When I first came up to you, you looked like I was going to murder you or something. You looked shit scared of me and wouldn't even utter a word." He chuckles lowly.