| 2 |

Smack.

A bat cracked through the air, slamming into an almost hairless head.

A set of thin lips gasped for air, their breath freezing in the cold atmosphere, teeth grit in exhaustion and agitation.

A roar sounded, followed by a threatening hiss.

"Fuck off!"

Smack.

The words rang out, loud and frustrated, his heavy panting hardly muffling his unceasing anger.

He couldn't keep this up and he knew it.

Yoongi heaved in a breath and swung the bat around blindly, eyes darting everywhere for an escape route.

He was currently trapped behind the set of garages behind a local apartment complex, swamped by eight undead corpses.

His dark eyes flickered back to the group in front of him, his ragged breath faltering in his throat as they widened.

He threw himself out of the way quickly, dodging a bloodied man in his late forties who clearly desired to take a chunk out of him.

A set of tattered arms embraced his frame from behind, the dangerously close snapping of jaws in his ear sending a rush of adrenaline coursing though his veins.

He beat the creature away and slammed his shoe into the corpse's stomach, scowling as it collapsed. It writhed on the floor, clawing at the concrete in an attempt to stand again.

Yoongi bolted past it, throwing himself into the door of an old-looking shop just metres away from his former position.

He turned to shut it as one of the zombies threw its entire weight at the door. Yoongi gasped, feet skidding on the waxy wood beneath him.

All breath left his lungs as the door spun in his direction, ramming into him and pressing him against the wall.

The zombie stumbled inside and Yoongi weakly kicked the opening shut with his foot, turning the lock in relief despite not knowing how useful the subtle fortification would be.

Inside the room with him now stood a woman, pretty and young with hair dyed a light tawny, matted in clumps on her head. She wore a dirty grey suit jacket paired with a pink blouse and matching grey trousers.

She snapped at him twice, eyes wide and bloodshot. Yoongi recoiled as she lunged.

He didn't want to fight anymore.

With glossy eyes concealing the utmost humanity, he swung his bat at her, wincing himself when she stumbled back with a cracked skull.

She came at him again, hazier this time, and Yoongi batted her away with his foot. He beat her down with his bat and aimed a reluctant strike at her head. Her hisses silenced.

He stood immobile, his grip on the bat weakening. As it slid from his fingers, he dropped to his knees and sat still for a moment.

He eyed her crumpled frame, avoiding the crimson path her blood made on the floor. His mind felt blank.

He killed someone.