| 3 |

Jimin ducked.

His father's wide jaws slipped over his head before withdrawing.

With frightened eyes, Jimin slammed a hesitant sock-covered foot into his father's stomach and scrambled to get onto the bed aligned neatly in the centre of the room.

He squealed in fright as his father lunged at him a second time, smacking his skinny hands onto the thick duvet in a useless attempt to latch onto his foot.

His mother pulled herself onto the soft surface and growled, struggling to hold her stability on the mattress.

She pushed herself up, eyes blank and milky, inching toward him. Anxiety bubbled in the pit of his stomach and he recoiled from her animalistic hisses.

Chocolate eyes swirled in fear as they regarded her attempt to pounce. Jimin flinched as she lurched forward, fortunately losing her footing and slipping miserably onto the blanket.

The bed dipped heavily under the weight and the blonde man's eyes widened, his small hands gripping the sideboard in fear that he'd fall with her.

She scrabbled frantically at the duvet and Jimin drew his foot back. After a long internal monologue, he booted her across the face, wincing himself from the pain he was unsure she could feel.

A cold, rough object touched his leg. Jimin's eyes flickered downward in confusion. A hand. A bloody hand.

His heart skipped a beat.

He could barely process the situation when the hand yanked his weight down and Jimin's lips only had time to part in the form of a silent scream before he found himself flat on his back.

The gory 'thing' snapped in his face, pinning him down painfully on the bed with a vice-like grip. His father used to be rather weak and the abrupt change startled him.

Jimin pushed at his shoulders with all the strength he could muster, tears lacing his eyes.

The saltwater slid down his cheeks and mingled with the sweat beading on the pale surface of his skin. His strength faltered for a split second and his father's wide jaws drew nearer.

A profound static spiked in Jimin's ears.

He could smell the pungent copper on his breath and held his own, turning away his face.

His muscles screamed at him and his arms shook under the pressure. He grunted, watching his mother slip off the bed clumsily and claw at the carpet in order to inch forward.

She, too, attempted to sink her teeth into him and Jimin bunted her away with his feet, sobbing.

A shout sounded from in the distance but Jimin ignored it, fearing that if he lost even the slightest amount of strength in his arms they would buckle.

"Jimin!" It cried again.

He recognised the husky voice.

"Ah—" he grunted as his arms failed for a second, and then screamed back with the same urgency. "Y-Yoongi!"

"Where are you?" He demanded, pounding up the stairs two at a time.

Jimin couldn't reply under the strain and instead released a pitched roar of fatigue.

Yoongi skidded to a stop at the bedroom doorway and lifted the gun with haste.

Bang.

His father was flung off him.

Jimin screamed in shock, cupping his face desperately as tears ran down his cheeks.

The dark-haired woman twisted inhumanly to look at the source of the noise. Her face radiated malevolence.

The older man swallowed the lump in his throat as the woman crawled toward him, eyes crazed and teeth bared.

The gun shook in his hands.

Yoongi grit his teeth and turned away, finger tightening on the trigger.

Bang.

Jimin whined softly under his breath, gasping for the air he couldn't seem to properly gather.

Yoongi stood immobile for a few moments, staring. A thick silence loomed in the air.

"Jimin-ah," he murmured tenderly. He stepped over the still woman he once knew well and crouched in front of his friend's hunched frame.

Softly, he pried his quivering hands from his face and smiled tightly. "look at me."

Jimin obliged, his coffee-coloured eyes settling on his hyung's. They traced the saltwater dripping off his junior's chin before he brushed them away gently.

"It's okay." Yoongi assured in a whisper, pulling his head into his chest. "We're okay."

"Hyung," Jimin sobbed and clawed at his back. He shushed him.

"I know, I know." He muttered, running his fingers through his curly blonde hair.

Yoongi watched the grandfather clock in the corner tick away. A minute blurred into two, two into ten.

Eventually Jimin's shoulders stopped shaking and his sobs ceased. Yoongi sighed, tired and relieved.

He was so glad Jimin was alright. It scared him to think that if he was even a second later, Jimin could be wounded.

He couldn't wait to get back to the other members, his mind drifting to thoughts of curious questioning of their well-being.

Would they open the door—

Yoongi froze. Realisation settled into his seemingly brittle bones and his heart grew ice cold.

He had left the front door open.

Jimin felt the blue-haired man's frame tense in his arms. "Hyung?" He questioned, sniffling. "What's wrong?"

Yoongi couldn't bring himself to answer. He lightly grabbed Jimin's arm clad in a fluffy blood-stained jumper and hauled him up.

"Come on," he said brusquely.
"it's time to go."

868 words, a/n not included

unedited

I'm so sorry it's bad :')