| 5 |

Jin bolted upright.

The early morning air was crisp and cold, nipping at his exposed skin where his pink jumper had slipped down his shoulder slightly.

As he glanced around the room to check on the members, a piercing ray of harsh sunlight blinded him from a perforation in the wooden boards.

He winced, lifting a sleeved hand to shield himself from the honey-yellow luminescence.

"Hyung," a soft voice murmured. It was such a sweet, mellow tenor and it wasn't long before Jin was entranced.

Maybe God was speaking to him, or an angel. An angel, huh? Jin giggled to himself. He was losing it already.

Only when the voice whispered the words again did he realise that it was painfully familiar.

Euphoric, soft-spoken, warm.

Eyes wide, he pushed back the plaid blanket and stumbled to the fortified door.

He tugged back the crate and slid it aside hurriedly, sock-covered feet skidding on the dusty floor.

"Hyung?" The voice asked almost breathlessly from the other side, slamming a gentle fist into the door in desperation. "Hyung, are you there? Can you hear me?"

As Jin froze in relief, a bored voice piped up, fatigue lacing its tone. "Open up. I'm tired."

The older man whined under his breath as tears ran from his eyes. He couldn't believe it. They were okay.

Yoongi and Jimin were okay.

A blur of sarcoline and brown whizzed past Jin's vision, eyes anguished and pleading.

A hopeful Jungkook slammed the heavy crate aside, hissing and butting it with his foot.

Slowly, Jin's frozen joints began to thaw. He leaned his whole body weight on the box, kicking at the wall to push it away.

When the crate had finally been moved, Jungkook raced to Namjoon, flung the thin blanket off him and shoved his hands in his pockets.

Namjoon stirred and then awoke, confused at first, trying to pry Jungkook's hands from his jeans.

"What are you doing?" He mumbled sleepily and Jungkook ignored him involuntarily.

When the keys were in his hands, he pounded back to where his hyung stood and fumbled with the lock. His shaky hands couldn't seem to slot the key inside.

Jin tugged at the handle and pushed open the door, joints strained and mind dizzy.

Disbelief flared in his eyes before it faded into a quiet relief. Jungkook's shoulder slammed against Jin's as he pushed past, gathering up a surprised duo in his arms.

Jin didn't even care, he was too happy to yell at his dongsaeng.

Jimin stood motionless, dried blood splattered across his nose and cheeks. It stained his clothes and matted his sweat-drenched hair.

His smooth chocolate eyes were blank and dull, but a shred of humanity cracked the exterior, a hope-lit lustre illuminating from the breakage.

Yoongi stood slouching from beside him, blowing out a sheepish sigh and leaning into Jungkook's arms uncharacteristically.

His thick parka hoodie had been drawn over his pastel blue hair, the locks coarse and unkempt. His tired face was speckled with dried wine red blemishes.

Unlike Jimin's, his coffee hues were normal. They screamed of a hidden fear, masked by the thick black bags beneath them.

It was clear he had been watching over Jimin all night.

Jin ushered them all inside hurriedly, poking his head back outside to check for lurking undead.

One had slipped past the barbed wire fence yesterday, and Jin was planning on taking it out himself but he was unsure if he could bring himself to.

His eyes caught sight of a crumpled frame on the floor. Taking that as answer enough, he withdrew his head and quietly closed the door.

Yoongi must have done it on the way here.

Namjoon's sleepy self trudged to the camping stove in the corner, completely unaware of the reunited members in the room.

Yoongi grinned, watching as he grasped a tin in his hands. He pushed up the metal ring and pulled the lid off.

"Yummy." He mumbled to himself sarcastically, surveying the tin. "Gotta love some beef ravioli for breakfast."

He worked away at the heat settings carefully, because he was sure Jin would do more than just smack him if he broke it.

"Jin," he mumbled, turning around and setting his eyes upon the familiar pair of men he'd been missing.

"Ah—" his fingers loosened around the tin and it slipped from his hand. The watery orange sauce splattered all over the floor and a few ravioli parcels escaped the safety of the tin, somehow remaining whole.

Namjoon's eyes flickered down to the mess. "You—I—crap."

Yoongi laughed, pitched and guttural, and the loud noise snapped Jimin out of his dangerously quiet reverie.

"Hyung?" He whispered as if he hadn't even realised he had arrived at the warehouse. He stared at Namjoon for a while and then eyed the sleeping others. A fire blazed in his eyes.

"Hyung!" He squealed, and slammed into the older man so harshly it knocked the wind from his lungs.

"Jimin? Are you okay?" He grunted out, patting his back and leaning into his dongsaeng's tight embrace.

He caught a glimpse of saltwater slither down Jimin's cheeks, coruscating in the dim sunlight.

He tugged him impossibly closer and smiled.

"It's okay." He whispered, running his hand up and down his back for reassurance. "You're okay."

Jungkook stared on with a smile, a sliver of hope in his eyes and Jin sobbed quietly to himself. He was happy, but to him, the word 'happy' was too paltry to use.

He was relieved, ecstatic, scared, horrified, glad, proud, and a million other things he couldn't put into words.

As for Yoongi, he was already asleep.

Namjoon giggled and pried his arms from his waist, wiping away his dongsaeng's tears with the pads of his thumbs.

The room was quiet with the exception of the low buzz of the stove and Taehyung and Hoseok's snoring.

The cracks of early morning sunlight filtering into the room warmed their legs and hearts.

"It's okay," Namjoon repeated a second time, tears of his own gathering in his eyes.

"You're home now."

1020 words, a/n not included

unedited

I think I might just update sporadically from now on haha