| 10 |

(I've been addicted to this song lately and thought it'd fit the chapter, so here you go haha)

R E C A P:

The two men had no time to put in another complaint as Yoongi tucked the Glock into the band of his trousers, snatching up the cast iron pole before darting away.

They stared after his retreating form until he ducked into the convenience store.

And so, brimmed with reluctance and empty options, they lumbered home in silence, eyes full of jaded worry as the rain washed the blood from their faces.

Peace and quiet.

That's what Min Yoongi had hoped for upon his lone adventure, but it seemed luck was far from on his side.

The world beyond the convenience store was chaos. Pure and utter chaos.

He watched, eyes wide from behind a food rack as creeps lumbered aimlessly through the bright midday streets.

Dried blood and the blackened remains of died out fires charred the streets, debris of collapsed houses and overturned cars littering the roads.

The revolting remains of carcasses plastered in generous lumps of uneaten flesh bestrewed the streets, rotting in the blazing summer sun.

His stomach turned at the sight, and he forced himself to avert his eyes.

Swallowing his rising sickness, his coffee-coloured voids scoured the desolate shelves once more.

He'd raided what little he could from the almost vacant shop and his findings weren't at all pleasing.

Upon entering, he'd discovered a freak bumbling about in the storage room, but he'd finished it off with a random shard of glass he found on the floor.

All that effort for a can of beans and pineapple chunks, a roll of bandages, four packs of hexamine fuel tablets, a box of paracetamol and two bottles of vodka.

He scoffed to himself. At least he could try to OD if the world spiralled into deeper shit.

But then again, a worldwide pandemic that turned the living into undead cannibals was probably as shitty as it could get.

Right? He let out a quiet titter. Right.

Still, his findings were better than nothing, but Yoongi was beyond infuriated at the thought of Namjoon suffering so much for such a tiny haul.

He scoured the last shelf in the right hand corner meticulously for something, anything to take back to feed his family.

Family.

His hand froze over a crumpled packet of spoiled food at the word. His throat closed up painfully, and he struggled to swallow the emotional lump caught in his throat.

That's right, they were family now. It was them against the world and, honestly, Yoongi wouldn't have it any other way.

These boys were his brothers, and he loved them as if they truly were his own family.

Eyes swirling with sentiment, he laughed tearfully to himself. His mind flickered back to morbid reality, and he sighed and resumed his search.

He glanced about diligently and upon spotting a tin of stewed beef in gravy, he briskly shoved it off the shelf and into his bag.

He gathered his mildly stocked rucksack and deftly slung it over his shoulder. He wouldn't find anything more here and he knew it.

Though, despite that, he wouldn't dare go to the shopping centre
alone. It was clear as day that it was basically a suicide mission.