PERCEPTION

Warnings for Triggers of:  Cursing,  'Very Descriptive Imagery?', Slight Angst, and etc.

PERCEPTION

( Jean & Armin )

[ Crossposted from Instagram ]

A large gust of wind kicked up in his face, bracing himself as he held his arm before his face, grunting from the sudden blast of air that stopped him, eyes closing shut as his hood flew off, gritting his teeth as he tried to hold his position, feet digging into the hard and dry soil.

Pain spiking in the heels of his feet as he landed on the ground - gripping upon the handles of his blades as the gas from his gear spluttered out from being shut off from its source, dissipating into the air as he narrowly managed to avoid the titan's hand.

Heart pounding in his chest from how close - how close he was to death if he hadn't managed to restrain himself and shut off his gas just in time to avoid her hand. Only having been met with the aftereffects that hit him hard, leaving ghostly stinging trails of pain as though multiple slices of paper was piercing his calloused skin.

Distracted to cope with the pain as the Abnormal swerved, locking onto a new target and with an agility that could match its subspecies' description, jumped. Quickly skidding through the hard and grassed ground as steam hissed from its body, limbs flung around as it pounded its hand into the ground where Armin was located.

Rocks and dirt being flung up from the aftermath, leaving a dent in the area of impact as a shockwave ran through the ground. Tossing both rider and steed into the air, a surprised yell escaping parted lips as Armin was flung up into the air, tossed away as though he was a rag doll before landing onto the smooth ground, body rolling as though it was a rock skipping through the lake.

Gear forcefully ripped from his clothed form, tumbling into elsewhere whilst Jean grunted, pulling himself from the ground where he kneeled, trying to recover and regain his own nerves.

Hearing Armin's scream being ripped out of his throat, he jolted, flinging his head up to stare at the scene - heart racing to see Armin's bloodied and limp body curled onto the grassy floor.

Eyes narrowing as he swiftly grabbed the handles of his blades off from the ground, grunting as he had to use some of his strength to pull them out. Racing forward desperately, jumping back into the battle as the Abnormal was distracted with her prey.

Kneeling down to the soles of its feet, their mighty form looming over the dazed Scout whose eyes flickered over to the sight, tired and quite out of it - not registering what's going on as the monstrous being just - stood there, seemingly observing and studying his curled up form as though it was admiring its handiwork or simply staring calculatingly for information that they can glean from the Scout.

As though it was a human wrapped in a flesh of a titan.

Eyes widening as he tried to hurry, feet pounding against the ground, gripping the handles of his blade tightly that he could imagine the skin of his knuckles turning white from the force.

"Armin!" He yelled his name in distress, anguish clear in his voice, fingers flickering over to the dials of the handles, dilating where he would zoom to before pressing hard against the button.

Grapples immediately boosting from their resting position as he jumped, hooking onto the inner flesh of the Aberrant, catching its attention as the propulsions from the gas pushed his body forwards.

Teeth grinding against itself as he focused on his target which was the feminine looking titan who immediately whipped its head as the metallic hook made contact with its flesh, surely reacting from the slight pain.