Prologue

Camila wakes up and looks at her phone, "Three and a half years." She whispers although no one is around to hear her. The date is May 18, 2019 which marks three and a half years since, what she considers the biggest mistake of her life. She admits that the first year of being a solo artist was undeniably fun. She could be around her family more, write more, and take charge of where she wanted her career to go. She had a few songs that remained in the charts for an extended period of time, but after her first album was released, the remaining girls of Fifth Harmony released a song with the one and only Nicki Minaj. The song titled "Dont Care (about you)" was obviously targeted towards her. The song remained number one in the charts for numerous months; each day it remained, the less loved Camila was by her once loyal fans.

Depression once again hits her as she goes downstairs only to fall asleep on her couch once again. By the time she wakes up, it's nearly 4:30 in the afternoon and she has not eaten the whole day. Grabbing a banana, Camila walks upstairs to get ready for her night which normally involved drinking until a kind soul drove her home or she had to call an uber. Lazily taking off her clothes, she steps into the shower and lets her tears flow from her face as quickly as the water was falling from the shower head above her. The bathroom used to be her place to write her music, she would spend hours upon hours sitting on the floor with her computer resting on the closed toilet lid and miniature electric piano in front of her. Now it is her place to cry. Could she not have just released a few solo songs on the side of her Fifth Harmony career? Was it essential to her life to even release those songs in the first place? Is it possible to go back in time and fix everything that needed to be fixed?

Eventually, the water gets cold and Camila grabs a towel, wiping away any water still on her. She lazily dries her hair and slips on a black dress showing off her beautiful curves. After applying makeup, she grabs her wallet and phone and steps outside to her awaiting uber.

"Ahhh, Miss Cabello, I'm Xavier, where would you like to go?" The older man says while stepping back into the nice car after politely holding the door for Camila.

"The best bar you know of, please." Camila responds quickly, not caring for small talk.

"My personal favorite is about a twenty minute drive from here if that's okay, but I can take you to one a little closer if you would like." He replies with a hint of amusement at seeing the girl's sudden hatred for small talk.

"Wherever is fine." She states as the car starts up. After about fifteen minutes, the car comes to a sudden stop in the middle of nowhere. "Sir? Is everything alright?"

"My goodness, it seems my engine has failed." The grey haired man responds, "I do apologize for the inconvenience."

Camila, obviously annoyed, plays with her hair and sighs, "I guess I should call someone else then." She picks up her phone from its resting place beside her but it is immediately slapped out of her hand.

"Don't move a muscle!" A stranger calls out. She slowly looks up to see a man in a dark black mask, holding a knife to the neck of Xavier. "Drop the phone, step out of the car slowly, and turn around facing the car!" He continues to yell.

Camila obeys and carefully steps out of the silver vehicle. She takes one last glance at the man with the knife and turns around. After a couple second, she hears what sounds like a body hitting the ground. Quickly, she turns around only to be met with a cold cloth shoved into her face. She passes out as she is being dragged into a jet black van.

------------------

Hey guys, I won't be doing many Authors Notes but I wanted to go ahead and say that I plan on making this a legit book. I am a few chapters ahead of what I have published but would like insight in the comments on what you all would like to happen in the story. I am currently trying to decide if this should be a Camren or Laurinah fanfic, so please vote in the comments. Also, feel free to point out any errors I have made in the story or just grammar and spelling. I would really enjoy it if you guys commented on the story because it helps me as well as entertains me :)