Chapter 19

"Please let me leave." Camila whispers to James who is getting ready for the day.

"Ugh, fine." He slips on his shirt and throws her a sweatshirt and shorts, "Put this on."

"Thank you." She picks the sweatshirt up and throws it on, then the shorts. James stares at her the whole time and as soon as she puts it all on, he picks her up and carries her back to her and Laurens room and locks her in.

Lauren wakes up as soon as the door closes and gazes at Camila's now bruised body, "What did they do to you?"

"Um... they took me to the basement and-" her voice cracks and she runs into Lauren's arms, "electrocuted me and then James brought me back to his room and made me sleep with him and-"

"Shh, I get it. You don't have to say any more."Lauren interrupts Camila.

"Lauren... How have you gone through it so many times?"

"It's a lot to handle and-"

"Do you ever, like, get used to it?"

"No. And you shouldn't. Ever. If you do get used to it, then you are fully submitting to him, and although we should obey, we should never submit completely." She stops for a moment, allowing her words to sink into Camila's mind, "Do you understand?"

"I-Yes. Yes, I understand."

Tristan suddenly opens the door, "Understand what, might I ask?"

"N-nothing." Lauren stutters.

"Hmm, ok. Well I was just coming to get you two to come with the living room." He looks at Camila with slight rage in his eyes, "To be careful, Please both of you stand in the middle of the room with your hands out to the side so I know you don't have any weapons to try to escape with. Brad and James are right outside and will come in here immediately if I need them, so I wouldn't recommend trying to escape again." The girls do as they're told and after patting them down, they are led into the living room. "We're having a party tonight and need you two to clean up this room and then we'll go let you change into your clothes for the night."

Each girl internally groans but do as they're told. Both feel almost overwhelmingly uncomfortable with all the men, excluding Connor, watching their every move. They each move slowly due to pain and injuries and Brad begins to grow mad with their slow movements, "Hurry the hell up, we don't have all day. And you two gotta get ready for the party too."

"How many parties are they able to even have? How do they even have friends?" Lauren whispers to Camila who giggles slightly.

"What did you just say Lauren?" Brad asks but Lauren acts like she doesn't hear him, "What the hell did you say slut?" He grabs her arm and begins to twist it around her back.

"I didn't say anyth-" he twists her arm more and she screams in pain, "I told Camila that you have a lot of friends."

"What else did you say to make her laugh?" he continues to hold onto her arm.

"I said- you know, it doesn't matter what I said, just let go of me." Lauren pleads.

"You are going to tell me right now or I will make her tell me." He points at Camila and she freezes in fear.

"Fine. I told her it's a wonder you have any friends at all. Are you happy now?"

He lets go of her arm and she collapses on the ground. He kicks her until she is too weak to beg and now Camila is begging him to stop. Eventually, he does but Lauren is in almost too much pain to continue her assigned task. Yet somehow, she manages to finish alongside Camila.