Chapter 18

After changing into the new clothes, the girls sit down and wait for someone to come get them. Camila decides to break the silence and ask Lauren a question she doesn't really want to know the answer to, "How many times?"

"How many times what, Camz?" Lauren asks.

"Have you been... raped?" Camila says the last word barely loud enough for Lauren to hear.

Lauren shudders, "How many days exactly has it been since Dinah left?"

"Um, thirty-four days yesterday." Camila winces.

"He does it about every other day, so that's seventeen. And then adding in when Dinah was here the two times is nineteen, and then when James did it without Brad knowing that's"

"Twenty. Lauren, twenty times in just over a month. We have to get out of here. This can't happen to you any more." Camila tugs on Laurens arm.

The depravity of the situation hits Lauren. She never bothered counting how many times he had done it but know that she has, she wishes she hadn't. "I know we do, but how?"

"Right once the door opens, we run." Camila simply states.

"I'm too weak. I can run, but not fast, and how do we expect to get past whoever is standing at the door?"

"We find something like a rod and hit him with it, then we run for our lives." Camila stands up and starts looking around the room for something she could use. "Lauren, help me out here."

Lauren stands up, "with what?"

"Removing all the clothes from the closet and taking out the pole they were hanging on so we can use it to knock out James or whoever is coming to get us." Camila replies.

"Oh." Lauren quickly walks over to the closet and starts pulling on the pole. Eventually she and Camila are able to get it down so now all they have to do is wait. Camila leans against the back wall with the pole hidden behind her, waiting for one of the men to come.

A minute passes and the door opens, Tristan and Connor step in. Camila shifts uncomfortably, she wasn't expecting two people to come get them, but if she decides not to go through with her plan, they're going to see the pole. So, when Tristan approaches her, she panics. She begins breathing heavily and tries to get out of his grip, the pole behind her back hits his head and he collapses. Before calling in Brad and James to help, Connor rushes towards his friend to make sure he's ok, but Camila hits him with the pole also.

Lauren and Camila rush out of the room and close the door quietly behind them, locking Tristan and Connor inside. "Lauren, we can't go out the front door, Brad and James will see us."

"I know, there's a window in the room to the right, Brad's room." Lauren whispers, opening the door to his room. "The window is right over there, you unlock it and climb out first since you're stronger, then you can help me down." Camila nods, trying to find the lock to the window. Finally, she manages to pull it open, hopping out immediately afterwards.

"Lauren, come on." Camila says a little too loudly.

"Tristan? Connor? Where are you two?" Brad yells across the house. He begins to make his way back to Laurens room and opens the door to find his two friends passed out on the floor. "Where the hell did those two sluts go?" Anger laces his tone, "James, help me out here, the girls are gone!"

"Lauren, hurry up, he found out." Camila speaks through the window.

"Ok, help me down." Lauren sticks one leg out the window and Camila helps her down.