Chapter 6:

Jonathan pulled the car into the motel parking lot later that night. The three of us got out and headed into the building. Jonathan opened the door for us and we stepped up to the counter. The lady at the counter didn't turn and we shared a look. Nancy ran the bell, with no response.

"We'd like a, uh, room." Nancy spoke.

"We got those." The lady said not bothering to look at us. "You want a single or a double?"

"Double." All three of us quickly said.

The lady looked at us and started drinking from her drink, making a slurping noise. We eventually got our room and got into the beds. Nancy and I were in one bed while Jonathan was in the other. While the two of them sat there awkwardly I buried myself under the covers.

"Nance... Lee.." Jonathan spoke up.

I remained in my spot, not moving.

"On or off?" Jonathan asked.

Nancy let out an amused noise.

"What?" Jonathan asked.

"Nothing. Just... Déjà vu." Nancy said.

Jonathan let out a small laugh. "Yeah."

Both of them laughed lightly.

"Don't you think it's weird?" Nancy asked.

"What?" Jonathan asked.

"How we only seem to hang out when the world's about to end?" Nancy continued.

"It's not going to end." Jonathan said.

Nancy sighed. "Feels like it."

It got quiet and I covered my mouth. I felt water on my face and subtly wiped it away to reveal that I was crying.

"Still have yours?" Nancy asked, moving and pulling the covers with her.

"Yeah." Jonathan said.

"Yeah. Mind's bigger." Nancy pointed out.

Jonathan let out a laugh.

"Congratulations." Jonathan said.

"Thanks." Nancy said quietly.

It got quiet and a noise escaped my mouth.

"Lee?" Nancy asked.

I remained still.

Seconds later the blanket was pulled back and my wrist was grabbing, turning me to face them. Once both of them saw me crying their worried looks turned to concern.

"Lee?" Jonathan asked.

I quickly turned and covered myself with the blanets. Seconds later there was quiet talking. I could only make out the words "she needs you". Nancy got up from the bed and Jonathan join me where Nancy previously was. I heard shifting and felt the bed move, realizing that they were probably laying down now. It was quiet and Jonathan started playing with my fingers.

"What happened?" Nancy asked quietly from the other bed.

"What do you mean?" Jonathan asked.

"To us." Nancy said.

It got quiet.

"After everything you just...  Disappeared." Nancy said whispering the last part.

Jonathan sighed. "Yeah. Will needed me. And Steve.."

"I waited." Nancy said.

"Yeah. Like only a month." Jonathan said.

I heard shifting and it got quiet.

"I'm turning them off." Nancy announced.

Seconds later the room got darker. I felt Jonathan's hand slip into mine. Hesitantly, I inched closer to him until he pulled me closer. He wrapped his arms around me and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to find Jonathan and I cuddling. Once he woke up we sat there, not moving, until Nancy got up. The three of us prepared to leave and eventually the car pulled out of the motel parking lot. After a while of driving the car pulled into the parking lot an a building.

Jonathan stopped the car.

"Are you positive this is the right place?" Jonathan asked.

Nancy looked down at a paper. "3833. Yeah."

"All right." Jonathan said as he took the keys out.

The three of us got out and walked towards the building. A train horn made me tense up slightly but I quickly relaxed. We walked up to a door with the words 'keep door closed' printed on it. Jonathan pressed a button and a loud buzzing noise made the three of us step back.

"Look at the camera." A man ordered.

"What camera?" Jonathan asked.

"Not the loudspeaker. Above you to the right." The man said.

We followed his instructions and found the camera. Once we turned to face it the door was unlocked and swung open. A man was revealed.

"Nancy Wheeler, Jonathan Byers, Lee Parker. You three are a long way from home." The man said before turning and gesturing us in.

We walked in and followed the man through a yellow gate.

"Well. I hope you didn't come all this way to tell me about the bear in the Harrington kid's backyard. I've heard that one already." The man said.

The three of us looked at each other and turned in time to see another door open. We walked in to see a board with red string and all sorts of stuff hung up.

"Go ahead. Take a look. Don't be shy." The man said from behind us.

We walked closer to the board. It had pictures of Barb, Will, and other stuff that related to everything that's happened. I saw a picture of Angel and Lori and my heart broke.

"I followed up on two hundred tips, most bogus. But that's how these thing always go, okay? I know every last step Barbara took that day, every last person she talked to. The answer to what happened to your friend, it's up here somewhere. I assure you that. I just gotta connect the right dots." The man said.

"Timeline's wrong." Nancy said.

"I'm sorry?" The man asked.

"Your timeline is wrong." Nancy repeated as she turned to look at him.

"And the girl with the buzzed hair, she's not Russian. She's from Hawkins Lab. Her name was Eleven." I said.

"You might wanna sit down for this." Jonathan suggested.

The man looked at us with an unreadable expression.