Chapter 1:

I followed Jonathan and Nancy out of the classroom, somehow slipping past the girl who was handing out papers to some event.

"Oh. Could I get two more?" Nancy asked.

I glanced back to see her getting two more sheets from the girl. Jonathan and I glanced at each other before continuing to walk once Nancy caught back up with us. Within seconds an orange paper was in my hand and I turned to see Nancy had done the same to Jonathan.

"You're both coming to this." Nancy told us.

I looked down at the sheet and started reading it.

"Come and get sheet faced." Jonathan read.

I glanced at the two at my side and Nancy was smiling at the both of us.

"No I'm not." Jonathan said.

"I can't just let you two sit all alone Halloween. That's just not acceptable." Nancy said.

"Well you can relax. We're.. I'm not gonna be alone." Jonathan said.

Nancy raised an eyebrow at his slip up.

"I'm going trick-or-treating with Will." He finished what he was perviously saying.

"All night?" Nancy asked.

"Yeah." Jonathan nodded his head.

"No. No way. You're gonna be home by 8:00 listening to the Talking Heads and reading Vonnegut or something." Nancy said.

Jonathan smiled. "Sounds like a nice night."

"Jonathan. Just come. I mean, who knows, you might even meet someone." Nancy said as she stopped at her locker.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Steve and Jonathan pulled me back. We watched as Steve grabbed Nancy's waist and lifted her off the ground, causing her to shriek and him to laugh. Jonathan and I shared a look.

The truth was that we were secretly dating because after the whole Will mess calmed down Nancy thought we just stopped liking each other because we didn't hang out much. So we just decided to keep it from her.

Nancy and Steve started talking to each other quietly and pressing up against each other before they started kissing. I shifted uncomfortably and heard a small laugh beside me.

"Let's go." He whispered in my ear as he walked past me.

I followed after him and turned to see Nancy looking at the both of us leave. Waving, I turned back forward in time as we turned down another hall.

"Do you wanna join us?" Jonathan asked from beside me.

I turned to see him looking at me with an unreadable look.

"You and Will for trick or treating?" I asked for clarification.

He nodded.

"I have to help my mom with candy duty. Plus it's brother bonding time, I'd hate to intrude." I shrugged.

"You sure? I'm sure Will won't mind." Jonathan pushed.

I nodded. "Yeah."

We stopped and looked at each other once we reached the class his was supposed to go into. He stepped closer to me and our lips almost touched.

"See you later?" I asked quietly.

He nodded. "Yeah."

We stepped back from each and continued to look at each other for a moment before he walked inside. I sighed and started to my next class, which was boring.