Chapter 13:

"I thought I told you to stay away from him Max." The brother said going closer to the kids.

"Billy go away." Max said.

"You disobeyed me." Billy said. "And you know what happens when you disobey me."

"Billy." Max said.

"I break things." He said.

He grabbed Lucas and I quickly scrambled to my feet. The kids started screaming.

"I said get off of me!" Lucas screamed while kneeing Billy.

Billy stumbled backwards.

"You are so dead, Sinclair! You're dead." Billy warned.

I grabbed and pushed Billy away from Lucas. He turned to look at me and pushed me onto the ground again. My head hit the floor and I watched as Steve stepped up to Billy.

"No. You are." Steve said before punching Billy.

Billy started laughing as Lucas went back over to his friends. I scrambled to my feet.

"Looks like you got some fire in you after all, huh?" Billy yelled. "I've been waiting to meet this King Steve everybody's been telling me so much about."

"Get out." Steve ordered.

Billy looked at Steve for a moment before swinging. Steve ducked and instantly hit Billy.

"Yes! Kick his ass Steve!" Dustin yelled.

As Steve continued to punch Billy and the kids continued to cheer him on, I started getting dizzy. My vision cleared just in time to see Billy smash a plate on Steve's head. Steve stumbled backwards and Billy moved towards him. We all ducked out of the way as Billy missed a punch and continued after Steve into the living room.

Billy grabbed Steve. "No one tells me what to do."

Billy punched Steve sending him backwards and I launched myself onto Billy's back as he punched Steve who was now on the ground.

"Lee!" The three boys yelled as Billy swung his arm back, knocking me off.

I hit the ground and looked up just in time to see Max stab a needle into Billy's neck. He stood up and turned to look at us.

He pulled the needle from his neck and walked forward. "What the hell is this?"

I scrambled to my feet.

"You little shit, what did you do?" Billy asked as he continued towards Max.

He fell backwards onto the ground and Max grabbed the bat.

"From here on out, you leave me and my friends alone. Do you understand?" Max asked.

"Screw you." Billy said.

She swung the bat down and it hit the floor between the legs. She looked at him before lifting it back up into the air.

"Say you understand! Say it! Say it!" Max screamed.

"I understand." Billy said.

"What?" Max asked

"I understand." Billy said louder.

I walked up to Max as she lowered the bat. She turned and carefully put the bat in my hand but quickly picked it back up and threw it into the floor. She walked over to her brother and pulled keys out of his pocket.

She held them up. "Let's get out of here."

"Hold up." I said stopping them as moved past me to start gathering stuff.

They all turned to me.

"If we go promise you'll be smart about this." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Wait. You're not going to stop us?" Lucas asked confused.

I shook my head. "I hate sitting on the sidelines as much as you do."

"We promise. Plus we'll have you with us." Mike said.

I nodded. "Okay."

All of us started moving around the house collecting goggles and bandanas. Soon we all met back up Billy's car and put everything in the back.

"What about Steve?" Dustin asked.

"Let's leave him. We have to go." Lucas said as he closed the trunk.

"I promise he'll be good." Dustin said.

"Dustin. We have to go." Max said.

"No. Trust me, if we could we would,  but I would get killed if the parents found out I let you do this and we left the guy in charge behind." I sighed. "Load him into the car and tend to him on the way."

All of us headed inside and lifted Steve up. We struggled but eventually got him into the backseat.

"Woah!" I said stopping Max who was sitting in the drivers seat.

"What?" She asked.

I held my hand out. "I'm driving."

"But I've driven before." She tried. "Plus you can't even see straight."

"I'm driving." I gestured for her to get out.

She got out and sighed, climbing into the passenger seat which forced Lucas to join the other boys in the back. I started the engine and started down the Byer's driveway.

"Where am I going?" I asked.

Lucas told me the way and I drove while the kids tended to Steve, trying to ignore my vision going blurry on and off. My head dropped for a second but I quickly lifted it back up.

"Are you sure you're okay to drive?" Max asked from the passenger seat.

I nodded.

"Nancy?" I heard Steve asked.

I glanced over my shoulder but quickly turned my attention back on the road.

"No. Don't touch it." Dustin ordered. "Hey buddy."

Dustin started shushing Steve. "It's okay. You put up a good fight. He kicked your ass but you put up a good fight. You're okay."

"Lucas?" I asked glancing at the boy over my shoulder. "Directions please."

"You're gonna keep straight for a half a mile, then make a left on Mount Sinai." Lucas informed me.

"What's going on?" Steve asked.

I glanced over my shoulder again.

"Oh my god." Steve exclaimed.

"Just relax. She's driven before." Dustin said.

"Oh my God." Steve exclaimed again.

"They were gonna leave you behind." Dustin said.

"I promise that you'd be cool, okay?" Dustin said.

Steve started freaking out and there was a ringing in my ears.

"Everybody shut up!" I screamed, groaning in pain instantly. "I'm trying to focus."

"Oh wait! That's Mount Sinai. Make  left." Lucas instructed.

"What?" I asked.

"Make a left!" Lucas screamed.

I turned the wheel and we hit a mailbox. As I corrected myself everybody started screaming. Spinning the wheel again, we turned onto the road and calmed down seconds later.