Sleeping beauty

A.K.A: Leo who pretends to be out cold when in reality, he's not... And has to pay the price for it. :D

~

~

~

~

~

Leo groaned as someone pressed down on his hurt shell. He wanted his scream, 'Get off my shell, please!' but couldn't muster the words... His mouth felt like sand paper mixed with glue and his chest felt like the heaviest man in the world just lay on it for a nap, accompanied with mount Everest and--- Raph. Yeah, Raph.....

Leo wanted to snort as he imagined Mount Everest on top of him, with Shredder balancing on the tip of the mountain and Raphael tumbling around, next to Shredder..............

Yeah, that gave a good impression to the pain.

"Leo?" A squeaky voice brought him out of his thoughts and back into the pain, "You awake?"

Leo sighed mentally. Mikey......

He pretended to be unconscious, because.... Why the shell not? He was too tired to move and his throat was sore, so why talk? Only led to more pain.

"D-Donnie!" Mike yelled, "He's not waking up!"

Leonardo heard footsteps coming closer and noticed it wasn't just Donnie. Bigger, heavier footsteps came across and Leo wanted to scream with relief. Raphael was alive.

"It's okay, Mikey." Don soothed, "It's probably due to blood loss, he's fine, don't worry."

"B-but, I want him to wake up!" Michelangelo sobbed, but it sounded muffled, so the leader guessed Mikey was sobbing into Donatello's chest... Or Raphael's.

"Hey, Mike." A gruffer, yet scared voice said gently, "You don't want Leo to be in pain, do you? Thats what'll happen if he wakes up now."

The blue-banded-turtle could tell that the younger was scared and confused, and simply couldn't blame him, he was too. "B-but he moved and groaned a minute ago." He whispered, "H-he w-was so c-c-close to waking up."

He heard shuffling and noticed a faint smell of chemicals and coffee as Don leaned over to check him. The leader couldn't stop himself flinching as Don removed the blanket Mikey was still -amazingly- pushing down on  his wound and checked it, "Sorry to say, Raph." Donnie muttered, "He can still feel the pain, but, not so much, I guess...."

"Oh...." Raph stuttered, hating that he'd been wrong.

-

Technically, Donatello had been wrong, be probably wouldn't be flinching if he was out cold, but, because he wasn't, it hurt like shell, 'Literally' He wanted to laugh at that joke because it was indeed, his shell that was broken.

"Don! Raph! Mikey! Thank god!" A feminine voice filled Leo's ears and he smelt way-too-expensive perfume and wanted to barf. He liked April, but she needed to stop buying 'nice' perfume. But he suddenly forgot about the hideous smell and cried out when he felt Donnie move him slightly............. God, it hurt.

"S-sorry, Leo!" Don exclaimed and stilled Leo's convulsions of pain, and Leo knew he was just worrying everyone, since they thought he was unconscious.

"D." Raph growled, "We gotta get 'im outta here, or the 'monster''s gonna come back!"

"Okay." Don calmed himself, while still pressing Leonardo's wound, "Since, ya know, he's unconscious, he won't feel the pain as much.. So we're just gonna have to--"