What He's Hiding

I told Lisa the good news just a few hours ago and we ended up with a replay of when I got the call back; minus relearning the script. Lisa thought about going to the pub for a celebratory drink; me still drinking the first one while she's on her third. Already a bit tipsy. I don't drink much and I'm taking my time on this one so I don't turn out like Lisa or worse.

The current status at the moment, though, is me sitting at the bar like a wee loner and Lisa dancing and flirting with any guy that approaches her. I let out a long sigh knowing that I probably have to make sure she doesn't do anything she would regret.

There is a guy beside me at the moment and has been for the past half hour. I've been blocking him out 'cause he sounds pissed out of his head. And not to mention he looks like he's in his fifties. Gross. I got up from the bar, having enough of blocking him out, and went to stand outside. I stood near a window so I could look in to keep an eye on Lisa. Note to self; limit her drinking.

I was about to take a swig out of my drink when someone bumped into me, causing my drink to go over me. My mouth was partly open from the surprise of this happening. I was soon snapped out of it by a familiar voice speaking. A male, British voice to be precise. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." He apologised. I looked up to see, the one and only, Matt Smith. "I wasn't watching where I was going."

"No,it's um. It's fine really." I gave out a small chuckle. "It's my fault for standing near the door." Matt chuckled too, racking a hand through his brown, floppy hair, looking away for a brief second.

As I replied the only thought that was going through my mind was 'I'm talking to Matt freaking Smith.'

"Even so, it's my fault your shirts ruined." he smiled, chuckling still. I joined in too then a silence enveloped us, the only noise was the noise of the city. "It's funny." Matt said, gazing off in the distance.

"What's is?" I asked, curiously.

He turned his head and looked at me, replying, "You're the first person I've meet that isn't freaking out while I'm talking to you. Normally people would be asking for autographs and photos you know. Acting utterly mental. Then there's you. Just standing there treating me like a normal, everyday person. It's strange."

"Honestly, I'm freaking out on the inside but, celebrity or not, we are all equal. No one is higher than everyone else. We all deserve the same respect and not have our privacy invaded. We are human beings not people of higher or lower value than others. Yes, we have different personalities but we are all the same deep down." I smiled, speaking what I truly thought.

"Wow. That's deep. That's..really deep." He replied, aw struck at my choice of words.

"It's what I personally think." I shrugged. "We have different opinions and that's mine."

Matt nodded with a smile then he had a look of realisation on him. "Oh! Forgot about your shirt. Come with me. There's a clothes shop around the corner, I'll get you a new one."

"No, it fine. I assure you." I refused, shaking my head.

"No it's not." He smiled. "You can't walk around like that all day and I also owe you a drink to replace the one spilled."

"I promise you it's OK. I live about five minutes away from here. I can easily go and change it that way."

"Nope. I'm buying you a new shirt and a drink. I'm not taking no as an answer." He finalised, smirking.

I sighed knowing that I wasn't going to win this battle. "Alright, fine but we need to be quick. My friend is in there getting pissed out of her head."

"Right, c'mon then." He grinned, grabbing my hand and ran down the street, pulling me along with him.

About two minutes passed and we arrived at the clothes shop. We walked on in then Matt asked out of the blue. "Forgot to ask, what's your name?"