Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Sally’s POV

After a couple of hours, my tears seemed to dry up. The urge to cry still remained but it seemed as though I had run out of tears. I was on my bed for ages, thinking about my family. I had soon realized that this what Lucifer had meant when he mentioned the emotional torture…

I could hardly blame him though; this was Hell after all.

I wanted to be furious! I wanted to be filled with rage, but I couldn’t find the energy. It seemed as though I had been emotionally drained of any life I had left.

So I just lay there. My mind wandered back to the scene I had witnessed. Was everything really okay? Will they ever be able to cope?

If anything ever happened to them I don’t know what I’d do…

My mind started to shut down. My will to fight for what was right was slowly diminishing. I had no clue as to what I was supposed to do. I was lost.

I hauled my lags out of the bed and dragged it to the door. Maybe I’d find Lucifer and his charges and see what they were planning to torture me with next. I swung open the door and peeped into the silent corridor.

It was empty.

My confusion heightened when I realized I wasn’t being pulled into another torture session. Weird…

I decided to walk around and see if I could find Lucifer. I mean, how big could this place be?

********************

Okay, I was wrong. Apparently, this place was freaking gigantic. I had walked on for hours and still found no sign of life at all – or in my case, death.

After wandering around aimlessly, I reached a door I recognized. Unfortunately, this is the last place I wanted to be right now.

I grew restless and was about to turn away when the doors opened.

“Come in!” The eerie voice said cheerily. I felt shivers of terror go down my spine.

I couldn’t seem to walk away; as if a magnet was pulling me in.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a man materialized in front of me. I stumbled back and gasped; half from surprise and half from shock.

In front of me was a man who looked almost identical to Lucifer. The shared the same intensely glowing red eyes and black hair. This man only looked a couple of years older than Lucifer.

However, if it wasn’t for his bull-like horns and forked tail, I probably would’ve confused him for Lucifer for a second there.

The man smiled at me as if he could read my thoughts.

“You thought right my dear,” he gave me a cruel smile; “I can read your thoughts.”

I raised my eyebrow at him. I expected as much. This was Satan after all.

“You got spunk. I like that kid.”

Yeah, apparently enough for you to force me into Hell for no reason.

I knew he could probably crush me like a mouse with his bare palms, but I had absolutely enough for one day I wasn’t going to take bull from anyone.

He smiled his evil smile. “Sally darling, of course you have a purpose here in Hell. You honestly don’t believe I was stupid enough to drag you here for some amusement?”

I really didn’t like where this conversation was heading. I glared at him for a moment, waiting for an explanation. 

“Why don’t you have a seat?” He questioned politely, and I would’ve actually believed his act if it wasn’t for the evil glint in his eye.