Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Sally’s POV

I crouched behind the ruble, my eyes widened from shock.

Sally,’ his voice slithered in my mind, ‘I can see you, you know.’ I shivered. If Satan wasn’t the ruler of Hell, I’d be more than willing to damn him here.

A sharp sting went up through my arm, but I ignored it.

Lucifer, damn it, hurry up!’ I’d been sending him messages for the past hour and he hadn’t acknowledged any of them.

For a dreadful second, I almost thought that he was… I shook the thought out of my head.

Satan was prowling through Heaven right at this moment and I couldn’t do anything to stop him. I felt weak… so helpless…

I was losing the energy to hole on. I tried to mentally trap Satan but he had drained way too much power from me.

My arms were feeling weak.

Instead of formulating a plan, I decided to simply try and locate him for the moment.

My eyes closed and I put up a mental barrier so he could not trace back to me.

 Just as I was about to transport myself to his location, a mental image flooded my mind; Lucifer.

Lucifer?’ I asked mentally.

I’m here Sally,’ he replied.

For the first time since this whole fiasco started, I let out a relieved sigh.

I freaking hate you for putting me thought that!’ I yelled at him.

You can yell at me later all you want, but first we have to put a stop to Satan’s rampage!’ he replied with a tense tone.

I sighed. ‘Where are you?’ I asked.

I’m nearing Satan,’ he replied.

Fine, I’ll meet you there.’  Just as I was about to teleport, Lucifer jutted back in.

Oh and Sally… I’m glad you’re okay.’

I was losing all my energy. I felt as if it was still being drained from me, but I knew it wasn’t. I was blocking Satan from accessing any of my power.

Lucifer?’ I asked, but was met with an echo.

My palms started sweating and I felt as if my heart started beating faster.

He was in danger.

I tried to locate either one of them but I couldn’t get a hold of them. It was as if they were hidden from my line of sight.

I watched the destruction as it took place. I could see fires in the distant sky line. The once pure looking Heaven looked like a war scene.

This wasn’t good. He was winning.

Sally!’ Lucifer’s voice suddenly called out to me.

I quickly tried to put a trace on where his voice came from. Much to my joy, I was able to pinpoint their location.

My mind was a whir and I couldn’t focus properly.

I managed to transport myself to the right place, but I couldn’t hold my mind still.

We were in the center of a power hurricane.

My vision was blurred and nothing was on the ground. I closed my eyes in order to try and find Satan and Lucifer, unfortunately, I wasn’t able to have a grip on my powers.