Chapter 12

Hey guys!!! Would you all be kind enough tp press the beautiful orange button on the right? ---->>

*********************************************************************

Chapter 12 

Lucifer’s POV

Rage. Complete and utter rage. That was the only emotion coursing through my body at the moment. I looked down at Nate’s already lifeless body. My eyes closed on their own accord, trying to contain the urge to scream and rip everything apart.

Red. All I could see was red.

I took a deep breath, and pulled out the moonbeam out of his chest. It was the only weapon that could effectively kill and angel. Nate’s body started dissolving before me and another whirl of anger went through me.

This had gone far enough. Satan had to be stopped.

Abruptly, a jolt of fear passed through me for the second time today. Whoever had killed Nate knew that he was my friend, and if the killer knew… so did Satan.

“Lucifer,” a small voice spoke up, abruptly pulling me out of my reverie. I looked at Sally, not even bothering to force on a smile for her sake. We both knew the seriousness of the situation at hand. I hated how she had to be pulled into all of this. The sooner we stopped Satan, the better.

“Sally,” I spoke in a sturdy voice, “when you have to report to Satan, I want you to tell him what you saw-”

What?” Sally interrupted me in a disbelieving tone. I held up my hand to silence her.

“Not everything. Just basically, how I brought you to a party, made you wait outside for a few moments and about you finding and following the spirit. Satan already doesn’t trust me, so it wouldn’t hurt to give him something to feed on.” I sighed and stuffed my hands in my pockets, pointedly looking away from where Nate’s body had materialized.

Sally nodded slowly, and looked at me with concern and pain. I sighed again, and looked at her. Before I knew what I was doing, my hands went under her chin and I lifted her head up to look at me. “Sally, if we are to even come close to stopping Satan, I need you to be able to completely convince him that you’re on his side. So that means compromise.” She nodded slowly, and I looked away from her.

“I’m going to drop you back in your room now. I have a few things to take care of,” I growled out.

We quickly made our way to the entrance to the ball room, and I materialized myself back in my own room; it was the only place in Hell where our thoughts would be safe from Satan.

I gestured at the door, silently asking Sally to go back to her own room. “Don’t leave your room unless Satan asks for you. I’ll see you after I come back from… my errands.”

She gave me a suspicious look, and I couldn’t exactly blame her. But I’d rather she stays out of this ‘errand’ that I’m about to run.

Just as I turned around, Sally mumbled, “Good night, Lucifer,” before she shut the door behind her. I sighed.

A little human girl should not be having this kind of effect on me. Not to mention my attraction towards her just screamed pedophilic. I shook my head and redirected my thoughts the task at hand: finding out who the fu*k was able to infiltrate the meeting and kill Nate without anyone noticing. The bastard was going to get a piece of my mind.

Without further thought, I materialized myself back at the entrance, and marched up to the invisible guards. Upon my arrival, they quickly became visible.