Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Sally’s POV

I let out another ear piercing scream. My body throbbed with excruciating pain, and for the millionth time in the last five minutes, I found myself regretting my decision to help Satan.

Finally, the throbbing sensation disappeared, however, it seemed as though I was drained of all my energy. I collapsed on the floor, not even having the energy to glare or scowl at Satan. “Damn you,” was all I was able to mumble out.

I forcefully lifted my face up to see what Satan was doing at the moment, and saw a content – yet evil – smile portrayed on his face, much to my utter dismay. I knew my walls had fallen for the moment, and I couldn’t care less.

I finally got up, and collapsed on one of his fancy couch, not disturbing him just yet. I looked down at my hand, astonished to find it flickering. Finally, unable to contain my emotions any longer, I screamed!

What the hell? Why am I flickering? Are you fu*king insane!” I took deep breaths, in a futile attempt to calm myself. Satan’s tail flicked sideways in annoyance, and frankly, I couldn’t care less. He opened his eyes from his reverie and gave me an annoyed scowl. I honestly don’t know where all this confidence was coming from, but I felt almost invincible.

“Don’t get used to it,” he snapped at me suddenly. I gave him a confused look, and he smiled a smug-evil smile. “You feel invincible, hey?” I flinched when I realized that he had been in my head. “Don’t get used to it. I was simply surfacing your ancestral angelic powers; which helped me quite a bit, so thank you for that Sally darling.” I turned away from him, not liking where this was going.

“The invincibility feeling will disappear as soon as your powers go back into hiding.” He walked over to me slowly and with purpose. I gulped, suddenly feeling on edge and nervous. “I am the one who’s in charge here!” His voice boomed, and I was sure that you could hear it from Antarctica.

“I can wipe you away from existence. You are nothing but a mere weakling who is here to serve me. So don’t ever talk back or even think back at me! Do I make myself clear?” He asked slowly, emphasizing each and every syllable. I nodded meekly and he nodded in satisfaction. “Good. Now scram!”

With that I ran out of the room as fast as I could; panting as I reached my own room.

I rushed inside, trying to lock the door, but unfortunately that was one thing the damn bastard didn’t grant me: privacy. I gave up on the door and slumped on the floor not trying to stop the unrelenting tears that were flowing down my face.

“I found out, Satan. When I followed the demented spirit, he told me. So now, I have a question: what are you going to do with me?”

“Oh. I’m glad you found out, Sally darling. I was afraid I’d have had to tell you eventually, but this is just perfect.” He spoke with a tone so content and joyful, that it almost scared me. If he was happy, it would only ever be at the suffering of others. I swallowed and waited for him to continue. “Well, you see, little angel,” I flinched at that, but remained silent; “I need… your help. I need… your powers.” He broke out into a grin that reached both ends of his cheeks.

‘This would not bode well for me,’ I thought before feeling the first stab of pain.

I wiped my tears limply, and dragged myself to bed, and simply collapsed in it. Angelic powers huh? I didn’t know whether to feel special, or depressed and angry. The stupid ancestral powers were the reason I was stuck in this hell hole anyways.