Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Lucifer’s POV

Run! Run and don’t stop!

That was the only thought running through my head as I made my way through this labyrinth. Even though I was Lucifer, there were still some things feared.

These beasts being one of them.

I was out of breath. I can’t keep on running for much longer.

My brain was still lurching from the fact that Satan had sent me here! He hadn’t sent any damned soul here in the last hundred years.

Footsteps thundered nearby.

They were gaining on me.

I debated simply giving up. In my thousand years on Hell, I had never once heard of anyone surviving their sentence here, much less escaping.

But I had to make it out. There had to be someway off this labyrinth. I tried using my powers once again, but gave up after it failed for the millionth time already.

“Come out, come out wherever you are,” a hoarse voice whispered.

They could smell me. Damn it, if I didn’t think of something soon, I was going to become mutt food.

“We’re evolving, you know.” The mutt spoke again. “Stronger and stronger beings have been sent here over the millennium and we’ve adapted to their power. But you, you don’t seem that strong.”

I shuddered at the thought of the other victims.

Would Sally be able to hold off Satan long enough? Because if she can’t… I didn’t even want to think about the answer. Sally’s betrayal would have made Satan ruthless.

I turned my gaze towards the ceiling.

If Satan was able to teleport me here… there had to be one point in the ceiling where magic could penetrate.

If I can just find that point…

“Give it up already,” the voice shouted, breaking me out of my revere.

I sucked in a sharp breath and attempted to calm my pulse. Unfortunately for me, they could smell fear a mile away, so it wouldn’t be that hard to find me.

I started to formulate a plan in my head. 

If I were to carry out this plan, I’d have to run as fast as possible. I was going to be sending out a flare that would compromise me and quite possibly lead me to my doom.

I sighed heavily. I certainly hoped that Sally had everything under control.

I took in another deep breath.

My body shook with the power I was transmitting. I heard distinct laughter and forced myself to move despite being overwhelmed by the power.

I opened my eyes, and to my immense surprise, I could actually see a red flare on the ceiling around two miles ahead of me.

I had to keep moving. They were getting closer, I could sense it.

I ran as fast as I could, hoping to out run the beasts.

It wasn’t working.

They were gaining on me.

My eyes locked on the target. I was only one mile away. My legs were giving away. I could feel myself succumbing to the pain.

Just as I had thought I wouldn’t make it, a sudden surge of power went through me.

Sally.

I activated my powers once again and fortunately for me, the flare was right above me. I looked behind for the first time, and could see the beasts right behind me.

I jumped.

It was working.

I could feel myself being teleported back to my room.

I was there.

I looked around, taking in my surrounding. My head started spinning and I sat down on the chair for a couple of seconds.

I couldn’t remember why I came back. I knew it was important, but I couldn’t remember what!

I let out a growl of frustration, and decided to leave the room for a while.

***

I was pacing restlessly. My footsteps echoed through the empty hallways. Each and every sense was magnified, and yet, I could not remember anything from before I was sent to the labyrinth. It was eating me alive.

I stopped at some of the torture rooms, and watched the souls suffer, hoping it could trigger some memory. I remembered the girl, and yet, her name eluded my mind.

 Images.

Images kept on flashing through my head, but I could not see them. It was as if someone was fighting to communicate with me.

Nate? I questioned, and shook the thought out of my mind. He knew better then to try and send me messages whilst I was in Hell.

I hated to do this, but I had to go and see Satan. He sent me to the labyrinth, and I’m sure he’s been informed of my arrival by now.

I felt a sharp prickle of pain in my head.

Sally. That was the girl’s name.

I still couldn’t remember her though. I couldn’t remember why I knew her.

Her eyes looked into mine, as if begging me to come and save her.

I growled. Either I was going insane or this girl was in real trouble. For some reason, the thought irritated me. I felt the urge to protect her.

I quickened my pace.

I had to see Satan.

Slowly, my jogging turned into a run. Something was wrong. The balance between Heaven and Hell was tipping. I could feel it in my bones.

‘Lucifer!’ I heard the girl’s voice shout out to me.

Just as the voice flitted through my head, I burst open into Satan’s chambers.

It was abandoned; for some reason that didn’t surprise me.

Lucifer, I know you’re not freaking dead, so hurry the hell up and help me out!’ Sally shouted at me.

The room started spinning.

The images appeared rapidly now. The petit girl with chestnut hair and gray eyes; she was sent to Hell, I was her torturer. I kissed her; she wanted to help stop Satan.

Sally Jackson.

I froze. All the memories came flooding back to me.

My palms started trembling and I could feel a sudden rage burning through me.

I ran back to my room as fast as I could. Hopefully, Sally was holding him out.

This was going to be the final battle. I just hoped that there weren’t going to be any more casualties.

I hoped that Sally was still alive.

************************************************************************************************************

Last Chapter you guys! Just one more and then the epilogue. 

So, what's going to happen?

Sally dead or alive?

And will Lucifer and Sally finally end up together?

Vote and Comment please!!! And Fan if you want :D

StormySkyDiver over and out! XD