Chapter 4

~Maxon ~

We stand up and get ready to leave. We wait though, not wanting to get caught in autographs and photos. So we wait until everybody is out of the theater.

As we wait, the curtains rise and we see the crew hard at work. The girl playing Odette comes out, along with the boy playing the Prince. They've both changed, but still have their shoes on.

A small applause comes from down below. The girl bows and flashes a smile.

"Are you guys ready?" An all too familiar voice says.

"Almost. We need to go over a few things before we leave," the girl says. The girl is Marissa.

"Okay. Can I watch?"

" Sure. "

Then an older woman comes on stage. She says something I can't hear, and Marissa and Lucas begin to dance to piano music. It goes on for a few minutes.

"Is that it?" the woman asks when the music stops.

"Yes. I believe so. Thank you so much," Marissa says.

Marissa goes off stage and grabs a bag. She begins to take off her shoes, and slips on some other shoes. She comes off the stage, and rushed down the aisle towards another person. I notice she's limping. I just barely catch a glimpse of the person she's running to.

The girl has red hair just like Marissa's.

"Are you okay?" The girl asks.

" Yeah. I kinda hurt my ankle. Nothing that an ice pack can't fix. I'll be fine mom, " Marissa said.

Then Lucas comes down the aisle.

"How are you Lucas?" The girl asks.

"Good. How did you like it?"

"It was incredible. I'm so proud of both of you."

The woman turns around, and I see her face. It's non other then America Singer. Or whatever her last name is now. She takes Marissa's and Lucas's hand and they walk out of the theater together.

"Maxon, it's time to go. The coast is clear," Kriss says grabbing my arm.

We descend the stairs from where we were sitting, and we head out to the car. There is almost no one in sight. We climb into the car, and we speed off to the palace. Once We get to the palace, we all climb out and head to the dining hall for dinner.

Diner was filled with talk of the ballet. How amazing it was, how Well the revived the ballet, and so on. We conclude dinner, and Kruse and I head upstairs to our room.

"I had a wonderful day Kriss," I said.

"Thank you. It took some help, but Alison and I made it work," Kriss said walking into the closet to change.

"Hey, I got a letter today, asking for our presence at the dance competition next week. Apparently there are supposed to be other famous people there. They wanted us to top it all off."

"That sounds great. We should go." Kriss steps out from the closet.

I walk into the closet to change, and put away my suit. I walk back out with just my pajama pants on. Kriss is sitting on the bed. Fiddling with her hair. I go and sit next to her. She leans her head on my shoulder, and I lay my hand on her knee. We stay like that for a while.

"Thank you for today. It was wonderful," I say.

She smiles.

"I'm tired. I'm going to bed," I say finally.

I lay down on the bed, and wrap myself in the blankets. Kriss lays down beside me. She gets under the covers, and lays her head on my chest.

"Goodnight Maxon," she says.

"Goodnight Kriss. I love you," I say as we drift off to sleep.