Chapter 7

~Two Months Later~~America~

It's been two months since I've seen Maxon. Which is good. I need to get him out of my head. I need to focus on the Fall Celebration for Carolina.

The school bell rings.

"Everybody remember tomorrow is the Fall Celebration. I'll be there, and I hope to see some of you there too," I say as the kids flow out of the band room.

My daughter walks in as the last few people walk out of the classroom. I go to sit at the piano, and she gets her music out of her bag.

"You ready for tomorrow?" I ask her.

"Yes. Maybe. The girls are coming in a little bit to practice the group songs," my daughter Marissa says.

"Okay."

I get the first piece out and Marissa starts to sing it. We go on like that for a while until the girls start to come in. They sit and listen to Marissa and me sing until we're done with our last song.

Then they stand up, and they sing some of their songs.

Once they're done I hear the click of heals, and swish of pants. I turn to see who it is,  but they are gone by the time I turn around. I assume it was the principle, and the vice principal.

"Okay don't forget about tomorrow. Do we want to have a practice tomorrow morning?" I ask the girls.

"Sure," is all I get from them.

"Okay. We'll meet here by the band door tomorrow morning at nine thirty. Does that work for everyone?"

"Yeah," is all I get from them again.

"Okay then remember we'll meet at the square at five thirty to preform."

I get a chorus of byes.

"I'm going with Emily. I'll be home before dark," Marissa says as she walks out the door.

I stay behind to check papers. After that I go to the piano, and start to play random songs from off the top of my head. I have my eyes closed in consecration, and just to let the music take me away.

I didn't hear him walk up behind me. I open my eyes, and I hear applause. I twist to see who it is, and there stands the last person I want to see in the world. Maxon.

Ever After . . .On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara