Chapter 25

~America~

After about an hour of writing I finally have everything I ever needed to tell Maxon. I told him about Kriss. I told him that the threat was a Southern Rebel threat from years ago, and that it was nothing to worry about for now. There was so much more in that letter. Things I didn't even know I knew until I began to write them.

I fold the letter, and put it in an envelope, and seal it. I set it down on the table and leave it there to mail tomorrow.

I sigh and walk up the stairs to check on Marissa and Luke. Looking into Marissa's room I see Marissa and Luke asleep on her bed. They're hugging each other like they did when they were young. I smile and lean into the door frame. I never really understood the bond those two have. Mainly because I never had a twin myself. Undoubtedly I knew their bond was special. Only something those two could understand.

I close the door, and head to my room. I give a sigh of relief when I sit down on my bed. I don't even bother to change my clothes, I just lay down on my bed and look at the ceiling above me, and think.

There was so much I needed to do. If a heart attack is near I need to be ready for it. I don't want what happened to me during my Selection happen to Marissa and Luke. They need to know, but I just don't know how to tell them it's coming. I roll over and clutch my pillow to my chest. Maxon needed to know it was coming. So that if it comes soon while we're still exchanging letters he knows what happened if one day they just stop coming. I let the thought lull me into a dreamless sleep.