Chapter six- Scarlet, crimson. Russet, red. Colors of blood stained in my head

Frostheart dreamed himself into the Dark Forest. "Sageweed, who am I fighting today?" He asked, as his mentor appeared in front of him. She sat down, tail wrapped over her paws.

"No one. I have to show you something," she said. Frostheart pricked his ears. "I'm going to show you the cats I picked to follow you," she hissed. "Look into my eyes." Frostheart locked eyes with her, and was tossed into a whirlwind of color. Once everything calmed down, it was like he was seeing from a bird's eye view. "Pebblepaw," she hissed. Frostheart saw the she-cat curled up into her nest, tail wrapped around her nose. "Her brother, Pigeonpaw," he was curled up next to his sister. "Coldrose." There was a short flash of color, and then he was hovering over Coldrose. She was starring up into the sky, guarding the camp. Her whiskers twitched. There was another short flash of color, and he saw Shadeblossom, a sleek black she-cat, stalking a mouse. Another flash, and he saw Larktalon. Frostheart was surprised Sageweed chose the yellow tom, who was gruff and short-tempered, but strictly loyal. Thrushfeather was next, a mottled gray tom with leaf-green eyes. He usually agreed to most things his brother Larktalon said. There was a long flash of color, and it reminded Frostheart of when he ran at top speed, the ground a blur under his paws. It stopped, and Frostheart was in ShadowClan camp. What? What am I doing here?

"These cats will come to you. They will be drawn by your power when you become leader," Sageweed rasped. Frostheart was looking at Russetclaw, a russet-colored tom. In the end, Frostheart had also seen Lilysplash and Whiteclaw of RiverClan, Seedpod of WindClan, and Berryleaf and Cedarfur of SkyClan. Suddenly he blinked, and he was back in his nest, but he could tell he was still dreaming.

******

Frostheart was curled around Mistfeather, resting in a sunny spot of camp. He had gone out on a hunting patrol this morning, so he thought he deserved a break. Amberkit pounced on Mistfeather's tail, and she purred, flicking it about. Amberkit squeaked in delight and leaped about trying to grab it. Frostheart lifted his head and licked her ears. "Do you think our kits would be like that?" He asked. She gasped quietly.

"Frostheart- are you...?" He purred.

"Yes. Mistfeather, will you be my mate?" He purred.

"I most certainly will," she purred, brushing her head against his chin. He purred more. 

Hurrah, said Sageweed dryly.

  Oh, shut up.

"Hey, love birds. Care to go on a hunting patrol?" Stormlight purred, trotting up to him. Yes, I would like to join you on a hunting patrol, brother. After all.... it's going to be your last. Mistfeather ducked her head in embarrassment, and Frostheart felt his own pelt growing hot.

"Sure," Frostheart replied, quickly following him over to where Larktalon, Pebblepaw, Cherrynose, a light brown tabby she-cat with a white chest, paws, belly, and tail-tip, and Fernclaw, a gray tabby tom with brown eyes was waiting. Pebblepaw was hopping from paw to paw.

"Come on! Let's go!" She said. Larktalon flicked her ear with his tail.

"You're not leading this patrol," he growled. Pebblepaw rolled her eyes.

"We have everyone now, we can go," Stormlight said. They jogged out of camp, quickly running through the undergrowth and hardly making a sound. "We can split up here," Stormlight said, standing by the ancient oak. "Go back to camp when you've caught enough prey," he said.

  He's definitely going to the twolegplace, Sageweed hissed.

Frostheart followed Stormlight as he nervously darted through WindClan territory, but luckily they met no patrols. Stormlight leaped over a fence and into the twolegplace. Frostheart followed after a few moments. He made sure to be at least three fox-lengths away from Stormlight as he stalked him, but made sure to keep him in sight. He was sure he'd lose the deputy's scent in this mess of a twolegplace. Exhausted, the ThunderClan deputy flopped under a bush, which was in a twoleg's territory, but had no fence. Frostheart's paws ached as well, but he couldn't rest. Not now when he was so close. Frostheart spotted a big fluffy brown kittypet a little ways away, glaring at Stormlight. An idea sparked in his mind. Careful to avoid Stormlight's bush, Frostheart darted towards the kittypet. The kittypet leaped back and hissed, fear flooding from his pelt. Frostheart licked a paw and drew it over one of his ears. "Don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you," he said. The kittypet still looked wary. "Isn't he," he flicked his tail towards Stormlight. "In your territory?" The kittypet tom looked confused.

"You mean my housefolk's yard?" He questioned.

"Yes, yes. That's what I meant," Frostheart said. "Now, why won't you chase him out?" He asked. The kittypet shifted his paws.

"You see, I would normally chase intruders out, but that one is one of those wild cats," he shivered, then gave Frostheart's pelt another sniff. "And you're one of them too!" He exclaimed, eyes wide. He tried to dodge past Frostheart, but he blocked his way.

"We're not mean, or scary. We just like to spread rumors that we are. Now, you go tell that one to get away," he said. The kittypet hesitated. "I'll be right behind you," Frostheart added.

"Oh, all right," the kittypet mumbled, and shuffled over to Stormlight. Frostheart sprinted away and around some bushes, so he was behind Stormlight. He watched as the kittypet stumbled up to Stormlight. "Y-you there! G-get out of my yard!" He stuttered. Stormlight slunk out of the bush, eyes narrowed. The kittypet's ears flattened.

"I can go where ever-" Frostheart leaped. There was a sickening crunch, and Frostheart tasted blood. He stepped off of Stormlight's body. The kittypet looked at him in horror.

"You killed him!" He shrieked. Frostheart licked the blood from his claws.

"Yes- I did. And you were very helpful. Now.... you're going to run back to your twoleg nest. You never saw this," he growled threateningly. The kittypet nodded, and ran, as fast as his chubby legs could take him. Frostheart chucked coldly.

"Stormlight! Oh, you killed him!" Came a screech. Frostheart whipped around to see a terrified Penny. "You're Frostheart, aren't you? A big white tom with gray and brown splashes, Stormlight told me about everyone. He also told me his warriors are loyal, and they don't kill!" She shrieked. She knows to much. Frostheart leaped onto her back and bit into her neck. She collapsed, the life fading from her eyes. Frostheart spat out a mouthful of blood, then licked his lips. I definitely like Clan blood better. Penny had been easy to kill, with fur as soft as a kit's, and her skin had no hint of tough muscle. He preferred a more challenging kill. He dragged Penny's body over to the thunderpath first, she didn't weigh much. Then Stormlight's, which was harder. He placed Stormlight's body in the middle of the thunderpath when there was no monsters, then placed Penny's body farther away. They were killed by monsters, I had nothing to do with it. 

Good work, hissed Sageweed. Good work!