Chapter nine- One, two. I'm coming for you

Frostheart had insisted he come confront Breezestar, even though Mistfeather and Wishfeather had wanted him to rest. His wounds ached, but they would heal. He'd received much worse in the Dark Forest. You got that right.

You know, I don't always appreciate you stalking my thoughts. 

Hey, I just don't want to miss anything. Splashstar stalked right across the border, Frostheart a few paces behind him, Pigeonpaw on one side of him. When Robinflight had to move into the nursery he took over his training. Silverpaw was on his other side, eyes narrowed to determined slits. Quickpaw was next to her, fur bristling. Frostheart checked behind him to make sure the others were following. Poppyfeather, Creekwater, Ivyclaw, Honeyflower, Mousetuft, Thrushfeather, and Fernclaw. Mousetuft and Thrushfeather were carrying Sedgetail's body on their backs. They reached the camp entrance before two warriors stopped them. They gaped when they saw Sedgetail, so Splashstar just pressed on. Breezestar was in the clearing. "Splashstar! What happened?" She gasped, when she saw Sedgetail. She looked startled at the hostility in Splashstar's eyes.

"Last time we fought you told me WindClan did not kill my deputy. Stormlight is dead. Frostheart, my new deputy, was attacked and almost killed by Sedgetail," he snarled, flicking his tail at Frostheart, his injured deputy.

"No! Sedgetail! I told you this was a bad idea," Redflower wailed, running up to his body. Breezestar whipped around and glared at Redflower.

"You knew about this?" She hissed. Redflower crouched, ears pressed to the back of her head.

"Y-yes," she stammered.

"I knew about it too," Harepelt said, stepping forward. "But Hopelight and Storm-" he began, but was cut off by Splashstar's snarl.

"Are you saying, Breezestar, Sedgetail did this on his own accord?" 

Everything is falling into place so perfectly! Breezestar nodded.

"Yes, he did. The rest of WindClan had nothing to do with it. We beg for your forgiveness on behalf of Sedgetail," she said. Splashstar's tail-tip twitched as he considered this.

"We will find out if WindClan really is innocent when we take this up at the next gathering," he growled. Breezestar's eyes widened, but she nodded. "You may take his body," Splashstar spat, and Mousetuft and Thrushfeather lowered Sedgetail onto the ground. Breezestar gazed at the body.

"In my opinion, he looks in worse shape then Frostheart." Frostheart was about to say it was because they had been dragging his body around when Splashstar spoke.

"Well, you don't get an opinion Breezestar because one of your warriors was a murderer. ThunderClan, we're done here, let's go," he hissed, and Frostheart and the others followed him out.

*******

When Frostheart entered the camp, Mistfeather came running up to him. "What happened?" She asked.

"Breezestar says Sedgetail did this on his own accord, and the rest of WindClan had nothing to do with it," he said. Mistfeather growled.

"So Sedgetail is the one who's been trying to kill off our deputies. Did anyone else know?"

"Apparently two others, Redflower and Harepelt, knew about his plans," Frostheart replied.

"I can't believe it!" Mistfeather hissed, then she softened. "Now you need to rest, no arguing this time." Frostheart let her lead him to his nest, and he found it lined with fresh moss and feathers. He curled up into it and let sleep consume him.

******

Frostheart awoke to the kits playing outside. He yawned and slipped out of the warrior's den. "Let's play Clan! I will be the leader," Leopardkit- a golden she-cat with black spots, paws, tail-tip, and left ear said.

"But you're always leader!" Stormkit complained.

"Too bad," Leopardkit said.

"Then we're not going to play with you," said Amberkit, an orange she-cat with a few stray white speckles.

"Fine," snapped Leopardkit, and stalked away from them and over to where her littermates Specklekit, a white tortoiseshell she-cat with hazel speckles, and Treekit, a light brown and gray tom with darker brown tabby stripes were playing with a moss-ball.

"It's no fun playing Clan now that Leopardkit is around," Nightkit murmured. Stormkit and Amberkit nodded with agreement. They spotted Frostheart.

"Look! Look! It's Frostheart! Teach us battle moves!" They begged, racing over to him. 

"All right," he said. 

While you play with them, let's think about how we are going to kill Splashstar. 

Don't worry, Sageweed, I have a plan.