Chapter twenty- One two three, four five six. Don't worry you won't be missed.

Froststar was sharing tongues with Mistfeather while the kits napped when Coldrose and her patrol burst into camp. He watched as she looked around, then spotted him and dashed over. "WindClan acted aggressively towards us on the border, but we attacked and drove them away," she reported. 

Good. I was starting to have my doubts about Coldrose's capability. Froststar didn't think anything back, he wasn't about to admit that he hadn't been paying attention to what Coldrose had been doing lately.

"Good. We can't have WindClan being disrespectful like that for no reason except their own fault," Froststar said. Mistfeather nodded.

"Is anyone hurt?" she asked. Froststar looked at the patrol. Coldrose looked fine, Amberpaw was missing a clump of fur on her shoulder and had a nick in her left ear, though her eyes were bright. Mossypelt had a scratch on his side, and Flowerpaw had a bite on her tail. Luckily it wasn't deep.

"Amberpaw! Are you okay?" Firelily gasped, running over to her kit.

"I'm fine! The battle was great!" Amberpaw said.

"Yes, she's fine. All apprentices have to fight in battles," Larktalon said gruffly.

"Well, she's going to see Wishfeather anyway," her mother snapped, and ushered her towards the medicine cat's den.

"I think," Froststar began. "WindClan thinks they can take advantage of us, like when Splashstar was leader, no offense to him," he said. Other cats were crowding around, and nodding. He got to his paws. "Flowerpaw." The apprentice straightened up at her name. "For fighting so well, you are going to become a warrior today. We will prove to WindClan that every time they try to push us down, we will come back stronger." 

Nicely said, Sageweed snickered. Poor, poor WindClan! Tonight they will find more mysterious ThunderClan scent on their territory, attack us, and have no idea it was a set up all along! Froststar was too busy to reply.

He didn't need to summon the Clan, cats were already gathering for Flowerpaw's ceremony. "I, Froststar, leader of ThunderClan call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." Froststar paused for the dramatic effect before continuing. "Flowerpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" he asked.

"I do," she replied, trying to remain dignified and squash down her excitement.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Flowerpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Flowerbreeze. StarClan honors your swiftness and skill, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan."

"Flowerbreeze! Flowerbreeze! Flowerbreeze!" Flowerbreeze seemed to glow with pride, and made her way over to Pigeonwing, who congratulated her as a friend because he still didn't get that she obviously had a crush on him. Her former mentor Mossypelt looked proud as well, because he had been at the battle and seen her fight.

"As tradition goes, Flowerbreeze will sit vigil tonight," Froststar concluded.

~~~~~~

Blood tugged at his paws once more, Brackenfoot sitting on the rock above him. "Froststar! Stop now or StarClan will punish you!" he yowled. He meant this as a threat, to scare Froststar. An evil grin spread on Froststar's face, because he didn't feel afraid at all. Why should he? He knew perfectly well how powerless StarClan was.

"Really? Because, last time I checked StarClan was afraid of me," he chuckled.

"StarClan is not. We have nothing to fear, except for the destruction of our Clans," he said. The grin on Froststar's face widened, and he felt oh so amused.

"If that is true, why are you up there instead of down here facing me?" he asked. Brackenfoot was silent. "Oh, is it because you know if you come down here I will kill you?" Brackenfoot's eyes widened, and he whipped around and ran. Froststar laughed, a cruel, heartless laugh. It seemed to get louder and louder by the heartbeat, filling his entire mind and his entire dream, as loud as thunder and as ear-splitting as a blood curling screech. Just as bad, maybe.

Froststar woke up, but in a different dream. He woke up in the dark forest, letting out a sigh of relief. The echo of his own laugh was still locked in his head, but much fainter. "There you are, Froststar!" Sageweed appeared beside him. "It's time to mark the inside of WindClan's territory."

"