We are fierce, and we are brave. Our enemies are heading to their grave.

Chapter twenty-four 

Froststar leaped on top of high ledge and scanned the camp, looking for any bad injuries. Nobody looked that bad. Wishfeather came rushing out to treat wounds. The medicine cat came to him first. "No," he shooed her away. "Go treat my clan mates first," he said. Wishfeather accepted this and rushed off. Froststar caught Mistfeather's gaze from the nursery, full of admiration as she hurried over to him. Froststar purred and touched noses with her. "Are you okay? Those flea-pelts didn't harm any kits?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm fine and so are the kits. Shaken at first, but they're okay now. Our kits are asking for you. How about you? Are you hurt?" she asked. Froststar had a scratch on his chest and shoulder and a bite on his tail, but was otherwise okay. "Don't forget to see Wishfeather," Mistfeather said. "Come see the kits."

"I will," Froststar said. "Once I make sure my Clan is okay." She nodded and jogged back to the nursery. She was the most graceful and beautiful she-cat he'd ever seen. He watched her until her tail-tip disappeared inside the nursery. Are you done? Go take care of your dumb Clan like you said you would. 

"Shut up!" He snarled, accidentally out loud. A few cats looked over at him, but Froststar quickly shook out his pelt and went looking for Coldrose. He bumped into Pigeonwing first.

"Are you going to punish me?" he whimpered. What? Oh, right, he killed a cat.

"Of course not. You saved me," Froststar purred. Changing plans, he leaped onto high ledge. His wounded body screamed at him in protest of these quick movements, but Froststar ignores the pain. "Clan! I must address something to you," he said. His warriors who were busy being treated by Wishfeather turned towards him. "I want you all to know just how unjust WindClan's attack was. They not only attacked us without reason, they tried to kill me." Furious mews rose up among his cats, but he waved his tail for silence. "I would have died if it wasn't for Pigeonwing. Unfortunately, he killed the WindClan cat trying to save me. I want you all to know that he did a noble thing in protecting me. If you ever have to kill in battle to defend yourself, know I will not punish you and it will be the enemy who brought their own death upon themselves," he said.

"I don't like it," Honeyflower murmured, loud enough for him to hear.

"Well, it's not breaking the code," Firelily retorted.

"That's true. He did say only to defend ourselves," Honeyflower replied.

"I think it's sensible," Fernclaw said.

"Pigeonwing did save his life," Cherrynose remarked.

"It's not like the old days," Creekwater grunted. "But the old days are over, with WindClan attacking like this and raising ShadowClan kits."

"Speaking of kits, we should go take some of WindClan's! If they think they can attack us whenever they like," Thrushfeather called out.

"I agree with Thrushfeather! It's about time we strike back," Pebbleleap yowled.

"Yes! Yes! Attack WindClan!" Quickpaw yowled, jumping up and down on her paws with Silverpaw.

"Calm down! Calm down!" Froststar yowled. "I assure you WindClan will pay for this. But I want to make sure everyone is capable of fighting. Wishfeather!" he called. The medicine cat stepped forward. "Have you treated all injuries?" he asked her. She nodded. "Are any bad?" he pressed, fixing Wishfeather with his hard gaze. Don't try lying. I will find out. After a few heartbeats, Wishfeather shook her head. "Excellent! Clan, will you go with me to attack WindClan in two days time?" he yowled.

"Yes! Yes!" his Clan yowled in return. Sageweed chuckled darkly in his head. 

They have no idea what they're doing.

"Then we will!" Froststar declared. Cats yowled.

"We'll rip those mangy WindClan cats to shreds! We have a leader to be proud of. A Clan. Froststar forever!" Shadeblossom yowled.

"Froststar forever! Froststar forever!" the rest of the Clan echoed. With nothing left to say, Froststar leaped off of high ledge. He padded over to Mistfeather, ready to explain himself.

"The Clan wants to fight. So-" Mistfeather cut him off by brushing her tail across his muzzle.

"I know," she mewed, eyes bright. "You respected the Clan's wishes. We're warriors. Fighting is what we do." Purring loudly, Froststar touched noses with her.

"I won't let you down," he purred. "I'll go into battle fighting for you and the kits. Speaking of kits, where are they? I want to see them!"

 Speaking of kits, where are they? I want to see them!"