8.

After hours of waiting in the hospital room, Joe, Taylor, Caitlin and Shawn ran in and sat beside me "Is everything okay?" "We heard what happened" "What was your reaction?"

Everyone was screaming and panicking except Taylor. Instead, she stared at me in disgust.

"Jack's okay, he's awake. Ayla, May you come here for a minute." Said the doctor. I entered the room where Jack was "Hey" smiled Jack weakly "Hey, how are you feeling?" I smiled back, sitting beside him and holding his hand "Painful" he laughed "Jack, I heard the police talking and they men-" "Jack!" Screamed Taylor as she ran in dramatically and kisses his cheek "I'm so glad you're okay!" She cried "Um, thanks Taylor. I appreciate that." Said Jack. "Taylor me and Jack were talking." I said just as everyone else entered the room "Aw Jack!" Said Caitlin while Shawn comforted Jack. "Mate, what happened?" Said Joe "I-" "Joseph! Jack is only awake. Don't be nosey" moaned Taylor. "Jack, when will you be able to come home?" I smiled worriedly "A few days." He smiled back. "Time is up." Said the doctor.

I sat outside Jacks room. "Are you not coming Ayla?" Said Shawn "We can give you a ride." "Actually I'm gonna stay here for a bit, but thank you." I smiled.

Joe sat beside me and wrapped his arms around me. "He doesn't know Joe." I frowned "About us?" He said "Yeah" "Speaking of us, me and you, you and me, I and you, you and I, me an-" "I get it Joseph" I laughed "what about us?" "Why don't we make us official.." he smiled "Like girlfriend and boy-" "Yes!" I squealed kissing him. "Hey, you should go home. You've seen enough" smiled Joe "No, you go home and rest. I want to be here" I smiled back "Are you sure cause I can stay?" "Go, I'm fine Joe!" "Okay well, I'll see you later?" "Later" I smile.

After Joe left I walked into Jacks room. "These walls are very thin Ayla." Said Jack "I saw and heard everything." "Jack, I'm sorry I wa-" "Forget it, I know you saw the group chat. I was a dick and I'm sure Joe is great. You saved my life Ayla, I can't be mad at you" he smiled. I didn't know what to say. "Jack, the police. They said this could have been a suicide." I frown "Ayla, If I'm being honest, I don't remember anything but I know for sure it was not a suicide. I told them that, they can't 100% believe me because I'm 'unstable' apparently"
"If it wasn't a suicide, their other query was-" "Attempted murder" he said "Yeah..attempted murder." "Ms, you were asked to leave an hour ago." Said a nurse "I'm sorry, I'll be back tomorrow Jack."

I hoped into my car with so many questions. Who would set out to hurt Jack?

When I arrived home everyone was sat up on the couches with blankets and takeout food, watching Joe and Caspar Hit the Road. I walked straight upstairs hoping nobody would hear me but unfortunately Taylor followed me up to my room.

"Oh Ayla, how sweet. You save Jack after fucking his best friend! What a great apology gift!" She smiled sarcastically "I'm really not in the mood for this Tay." "In the mood for what Ayla?"

I put in my pyjamas. "I'm tired, I've seen a lot today. I saw Jack almost dead, which could possibly be a murder, so please FUCK OFF." I snapped. Taylor was shocked at my response "You and Joe won't last sweetie, once he realises what you're really like!" She Screamed throwing one of the glass ornaments from my shelf. "What the fuck is going on in here?!" Shouted Joe, as he stared at me "Nothing" I smiled "Taylor needed help with a outfit, isn't that right Tay?" "Yep, sorry about the broken glass." She smiled cutely and left the room.

Joe went downstairs and got a dust pan and brush, helping me clean the glass. "She mustn't of liked the outfit." he laughed "You know how she gets." I laughed back.

"Jack knows." I said "He took it well." "Oh, that's good right?" He smiled "Yeah." I said smiling back. He kissed me and walked away with the bag of glass.

What was Taylor getting out of this. What's up with her? Does she still like Joe? What did she mean when she said joe and I won't last..?