13.

"David?" I called but there was no reply. "Where is Taylor or Jack?" Said Joe. We both walk downstairs to find David on the couch. "Dave.?" I said calmly "She's gone to Jacks house. What a surprise, my fault, all my fault." He mumbled sorrowfully . Joe and I sat on either side of him and comforted him. "You don't need her, she's using him David and we all know that!" Said Joe, David shrugged. "Whatever happens, just know that Joe and I are here for you." I smiled "Thank you but, I'd rather be alone right now." "That's understandable" I looked at Joe gesturing for him to follow me and went outside."How does a drive sound?" He laughs "Or a hotel?"

Joe looked at me for a second as if he was thinking about something. "What?" I asked "Uh, let's go pack our stuff and find a hotel" he smiled with a slight stutter "Wait, you're being serious?" "We need to break away from this mess, at least for a while"

I didn't want to leave my friends, but I didn't want to upset Joe either. "Um, how much stuff should I bring?" I questioned "How many your suitcase fits" "Suitcase?" "Why not a bag" I continued "Ayla, hurry" Joe looked annoyed, Is it because of our argument?

I ran upstairs and packed a small suitcase with seven outfits and 8 sets of pyjamas. Joe did the same in his room.

While I waited for him I sat on the edge of my bed, thinking 'bout everything that's happened.  I kept thinking about Jack kissing Taylor, it hurt. "Ready?" Said Joe as he popped his head in the door "Yeah, I guess"

We arrived at an alright hotel, luckily they had spare rooms.

"So, eight days here." I sulk "It's not too shabby" Joe smiled as he placed a kiss on my forehead. I smile at him, his cuteness made it hard to be mad at him.

"I'm sorry Ayla, for dragging you here" he frowned "I want to be here!" I lied. He pulled me on to his lap and kissed me passionately. He hands traced my body as he bit my bottom lip slightly. Just as he lifted up my shirt I jumped off his lap. My mind kept reminiscing about Jack.

"Oh, I'm sorry" Said Joe as he looked at me worriedly "No, it wasn't you. I-uh-" I stuttered. Joe pulled me into a warm hug. As much as I wanted to cry I couldn't, not in front of him.

"I'm not in the mood" I half smiled "That's fine" Joe smiled as he lied down. I rested my head on his chest until he fell asleep.

I decided to watch a film just to pass the time when my phone rang, it was Jack. "Hello?" I said, acting as if I didn't know who it was "Hey, is Jack. Are you free?" He muttered "Jack it's too late-" "I could pick you up" he interrupted. I looked at Joe with guilt, it's not like I'm cheating? "I'm at Poppins Hotel" I said hesitantly "Be there in 10" he said, hanging up immediately.

I kisses Joes cheek and took his jacket. I did feel guilty going out with Jack, my ex, but maybe this talk would put me at ease.

When I got to the lobby Jack was already sitting there. He took me to his car and drove to a dark alleyway. Creepy.

"Ayla, nothing is happening with me and Taylor." He said, breaking a ten minute drive of silence. "That's not my business" I said "You're confusing me Ayla! I thought we were doing good, I was gonna ask you out-" "you boasted about me." I Screamed "And I'm sorry, but Ayla you didn't like seeing me with Taylor but you can have this happy relationship with Mr perfect" Jack Screamed back. He was right. Why was I bothered? "I'm sorry Jack, that's not why I agreed to talk, not about us, but about you and Taylor, why did you have a gun in your bag?!" "What? A gun?" He looked confused "I don't even own a gun?" "David found a gun in your bag Jack!" I shouted "I don't own a gun!" he shouted back, louder and more angry.

"Then what have you a Taylor being hiding? What's your- your secret!" "Taylor tried to kill me!"

The car became silent, only slight pants of Jack and I slightly broke the silence. "Sh-she What?" I said, sound barely escaping my dry lips "She did it. And now she's forcing me to do things for her, to her" he frowned, blinking away a tear "What things Jack.?" I whispered "I've said too much" "Jack tell me, what is these things?!" "David, she wants to hurt him Ayla" "You mean kill him?" I panicked "Yes, but Taylor never mentioned a gun, she wants to use more than just a gun Ayla." "Take me back to the hotel, we need to get Joe. Now!" I Screamed.

When we got to the hotel Joe was still asleep. "Joe!" I Screamed, he woke up in fright instantly "Why is Jack here?"

We explained the whole situation on how Taylor is trying to kill David and David might be doing the same thing.

"But why?" Said Joe "David did things to her." frowned Jack "I have to leave" he continued as he rushed out the door instantly "We must stop this!" I demanded "This seems crazy Ayla, how and why are trusting Jack Maynard?" "Joe, this makes sense, if you don't want to help then don't." I snapped leaving the room and storming off into the bathroom.