2

Well, here's another chapter, I know you've waited oh so long for it. ;) All of my exams are over now so I can concentrate on writing all of my stories. :D So, I hope you enjoy this. (: Oh, and there is some bad language in this chapter, just so you don't get huffy with me if you don't like it. :$ I'm sorry, it felt neccessary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Figures that we're out of gas, really, with the detour to the hospital and all.” Rebecca said beside me.

“Well, I’m glad we’re out of gas then.” I chuckled, and Rebecca tittered a little too. We were sat on the bonnet of the car as Daryl and Merle had gone to look for more fuel at a nearby village. In a way I was glad they’d gone, I wanted to get to know Rebecca a little better, and the two guys seemed a little bit cagey. I don’t know what it was about them, but I don’t think Daryl liked me very much, despite saving my life anyway. Merle on the other hand I had no idea about. His whole persona was like he hated the world, yet he seemed nice enough, though I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be on the wrong side of him.

When the boys had left I could’ve sworn that I heard Merle mumble something about how we couldn’t handle ourselves being girls and all, though I was determined to prove them wrong. To show that I could do fine by myself.

The incident at the hospital was nothing to go by, that was my brother, any other walker, as they call it, and I would have been fine. That one in the alley was an exception too, that was my first kill. I’ve had plenty of time to get used to the idea of killing people; just don’t think of them as people. The person they were has gone.

We’d past a few walkers on the way, feasting on the remains of people trying to escape the city, we’d had to move some cars out of the way too, seems in the panic a load of people had crashed their cars. I suppose I was lucky that I missed the rush.

When I had gone into the toilets I knew it was getting bad, but I’d never expected the world to turn into this in a matter of hours. I didn’t know that it was the world; I’d just made that presumption. I hoped for the survival of humanity that it wasn’t the entire world though, that would mean that we wouldn’t be rescued, that we had been abandoned.

“Why did you go to the hospital anyway, Rebecca?” I asked to distract my mind from the pessimistic thoughts plaguing it.

“Haha, call me Becky.” She smiled, she was so care-free and in a way I was jealous of her, not worrying about a thing as we sat out in the open, where walkers could easily get us. “We figured it would be good to have some medical supplies, we were running low at home. How about you?”

“My brother had an operation; I was there visiting then shit hit the fan.” I say. I don’t need to mention anymore than that.

I began toying with the necklace in my pocket; maybe I could find a new chain for it somewhere.

“Say, are you from England, you have a little bit of that posh accent in there.”

“Huh? Oh, yeah I am, I moved over here about six months ago. My dad got a new job.”

“Oh, that explains it then, how old are you, if you’re still moving with your parents?”

“Eighteen.”

“That’s interesting. You’re only a couple of years younger than me and Daryl. We’re both twenty. Merle’s older than as though, he’s thirty three, if you can believe it.”

“Oh really, so you and Daryl are twins then?”

“Yeah, though you’d think it was Merle and Daryl who were twins, with how close they are and all.”