21

Last Chapter!!!!! (Not edited)

There was a set of wrought iron gates connected to a high brick wall, much taller than the one at the house. Through the gate several large houses were visible, all with neat gardens and white picket fences. It was perfection. I’m sure I was thinking the exact same thing as everyone else. We could really start a new life here.

“You coming out then, Thumbelina?” Daryl drew me out of my thoughts.

Standing up I headed outside to join the others. Above the gates the words ‘Wiltshire Estates’ were moulded out of more of the black iron.

“T-dog and I will just do a quick check of one of the houses; make sure it’s safe to stay in for the night. Tomorrow we’ll check the remainder of the houses properly. Wait here until we return.” Rick said as he loaded his pistol.

“What about me?” Daryl complained.

“You may have concussion or any number of injuries we don’t know about, until you’ve rested up I don’t want you doing anything.” Rick replied.

“I feel fine. I’m coming whether you want me to or not.” Daryl retorted. I want to go too, but even thought I feel better, I know it’s not a wise idea to go with them; I’ll just wait until they return.

Daryl picks up his crossbow and the three enter ‘Wiltshire Estates’ through the gates before disappearing into the closest house.

I find myself watching after them, hoping they’re okay and nothing goes wrong with this house.

“I’m going to check on Tyreese.” Carol says, but her voice is barely above a whisper. She’s been shy since I first met her, but she seems more confident when talking with a smaller crowd of people. Deciding to follow her, I head into the RV.

“Hey,” I say quietly as not to scare her. She was sat on the bed, tending to his wounds carefully not to cause any pain.

“Hey.” She replied with a smile.

“You’re being so careful.” I commented out loud without thinking, but she just chuckled, pushing her blonde hair out of her face.

“He may be unconscious, but I don’t know if he can feel pain or not, I don’t want to hurt him too much.” She looked back at Tyreese and continued cleaning him up.

“I wish I had you patch me up.” I laughed. I’d always seen Carol as a friend, she was nice to talk to, but I’ve had other things on my mind more recently. “I can’t imagine Rick being as gentle as you.”

“Me neither. You’re okay now, right?” Carol glances at me from the corner of her eye, her voice filled with concern.

“I think so. I don’t feel any different to normal at least.” I say perching myself on the end of the bed. “I’m sorry for leaving you and Sophia before, I...something camp up and I had to get some space.”

“It’s okay, I understand.”

“Thank you.” I give a small smile before the RV lapses into silence.

“I heard about what happened while you were gone. Shane told the camp when he returned.” Instantly the name brings back all the memories of what he did. I’d forgotten until now about how cruel he was.

He cold-heartedly killed Alex.

“I’d rather not talk about it.” I mumble.

“Sorry, I guess that’s a saw spot?”

“Yeah. Just a bit.” I reply. “Carol, it’s been great talking to you, but I’m going to go, I need a bit of alone time. Sorry.”

“I’m here if you ever want to talk about it.” She smiles as I exit the RV. I make my way towards the pickup; I can sit in the cab and just think.