6

This chapter is dedicated to Midnightsociety for making the beautiful cover right there. :D (I'll keep changing it, but for your information it's the one with the swing and a zombie. Just incase when you read this it's not the one that they made. :D )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I hope you enjoy this chapter. I don't know if it's good or not. I thought it was okay, well...meh...but I don't have much faith in my writing skills.

I apologise for the slightly longer amount of time which it took to upload, I was having a mental discussion with myself about whether to continue this fanfiction or not, tell me what you think I should do?

Anyways, I'll let you read it now. (: <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I must have walked the perimeter of the roof at least ten times. There are buildings close enough to jump across to on each side, the one with the walkers on the top, and on the other side there is one without. There’s the street with the guy in the tank at the front then the forest with the walkers at the back.

   Between the forest and the building though, there’s a fence, and between the fence and the building there’s a gap, just a big enough gap for a person to shimmy sideways down, but not enough of a gap for a walker to work out how to get through it.

   We must be at least twelve stories high, far too high to jump, or even climb down.  Even if we did climb down, there are walkers all around the front and down the alley separating us from Glenn and the others. There is no way down through the building either. Even if the floors are clear the roof is completely shut off, there’s no door like there is on Glenn’s building.

   If we could just get to that gap, we could get free.

   Running my hands through my hair, I sit on the floor, and Daryl comes to sit next to me. Sighing, I look at him.

   “You know, you do that a lot.” He said.

   “Do what?”

   “Sigh. And run your hands through your hair.” I smirk at this.

   “I do it when I’m stressed, I haven’t done it since my mum died, then I started doing it again when my brother was in hospital. It’s grown into a terrible habit.”

   “I’ve noticed.”

   Closing my eyes, I feel the gentle drip of water from the sky. Rain. I guess our day just got better. It’s not hard rain, but it’s enough to annoy me.

   “Thumbelina, how far can you jump?” Opening one eye, I look at him. His voice sounded distant, and I see he’s looking over the edge of the building.

   “I’m not jumping down twelve stories.” I say pointedly.

   “I’m not asking you to, Do you think you could jump from this building to the next one?” Standing up, I go over to judge just how far it is. I think I can do it, the building we have to jump to is a few stories lower than the one we’re on now. Because of the slight wall at the edge of the roof it would have to be a standing jump, which isn’t good.