.02

His eyes are wide as he stares at my wrist, a face of horror on his face as he stares at the small inked number that runs over my veins. I look over at the rest of the group to find similar looks, while anger edges into the rims of North and the auburn man from before. I twist around and lift my knitted blonde hair from the nape of my neck, hearing their gasps when they see the barcode.

I let my hair fall before turning back around, watching as the man with curly blonde hair and green eyes a different shade than my own stands up. He practically storms to me, his eyes their own intensity as he stares at my wrist. "You, you're branded."

I shrugged slightly, a forced smile appearing on my lips. "It's okay, one of them called me Sang when I was younger, so I guess if you'd like you could call me that?"

"As in 'I Sang a Song?' Why the fuck would they call you that?" The boy with chestnut hair boasted, his eyebrows furrowed.

I absentmindedly rubbed a finger over my wrist, the feeling of their stares practically burning me. "Uh, well, one of the guards, David use to say I sang a lot. I don't really remember though..."

I trailed off before looking up, another forced smile on my cheeks. The man with grey eyes shook his head, his gaze soft as he stared at me. "Miss, Miss Sang, Where is this facility?"

I felt my eyes widen as my head shook, my body taking a step back as I stared at him. "I'm not going back."

He shook his head quickly and opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by the man with golden curls on his head. "Pookie, we're not going to send you back!"

"Yeah, why the fuck would we send you back to that hellhole!?" The one with chestnut hair exclaimed, his eyes crinkled as he looked at me.

My shoulders relaxed slightly as I looked between all of them, before flickering back down to my wrist. "I'm not really sure where it is, I just know every time I get comfortable somewhere, someone always shows up."

I flicker back over to the auburn haired man, my eyebrows furrowed slightly as I look at the bandage on his chest. He looks down when he sees what I'm staring at before giving me a soft smile, nodding his head to me. "I'm okay, Doc is really good at cleaning me up."

"Why did they chose you? Why'd they chose us?" My eyes flickered to the other boy with black framed glasses, his emerald eyes staring at me with a glint of genius hidden beneath them.

I took a breath before running my hands through my hair, wincing as I tugged on a knot. I looked back to 'suit man' as I so eloquently deemed him, asking him if I could sit down with my eyes. His own eyebrows raised before he nodded, turning to position himself back onto the chair he had been perched on before.

I moved so I sat in front of all of them, my back to the large flat screen of blank glass. "Helvions are attracted to two things; horrible awful people, people that are so dark and twisted that the Helvion can feed and feed until they take over their body. That, or those filled with such despair and loneliness, that it can feed on that until they take them over."

The room was silent until the one with fire eyes sat forward, his amber eyes burning my skin almost like the fire that was placed within my own palms. "Take them over? What does that mean?"

My finger flitted up to my lip, pressing it in as I tried to think of how to explain it to them. "They become like, I think the word is puppet? They take over their bones and limbs, their mind becoming mush until there's nothing left except the need to kill. They kill and kill until they themselves are either killed, or the Helvion grows tired of its meat suit and discards them."

A gasp sounded before the blonde curly man was in front of me, his eyes wide as he picked up my bloody foot. "Pookie, why didn't you say something?"