.04

I didn't wait for them before running, igniting a loud beeping noise that sounded as I ran through the door. I didn't know where they were, all I knew was I stood in the middle of a huge crowd with people completely around me. It was a huge sensory overload, loud noises and people and smells and I couldn't think straight. I shut my eyes before calling upon my powers, that little knot in my stomach that told me where those little evil creatures were before opening my eyes and shooting off.

I could hear Silas shouting behind me, Gabriel and Victors voices mixing in as I moved in between the crowd. I saw the creature in the corner of a large open room, the smell of food filling it. Tables were centered in the room, people sitting and eating everywhere. But the Helvion was focused on a boy with loose baggy pants and a bit of hair growing on his face.

I sighed as I looked over my shoulder, watching as Silas ran with Gabriel and Victor not too far behind him. The second they spotted me was the second I ran again, making short clicking noises that drew the attention of the Helvion. I couldn't kill it in public, so I needed to get it as far away from other humans as I could.

I sprinted down the corridor to an abandoned part of the mall, the loud noises of the the Helvion's feet following close behind me. I slid behind a edged out wall, watching the Helvion climb along the edges of the room. It was on the roof still, it's claws digging into the glass and clinging its body upside down. It just needed to come onto the floor, to where I could reach its body...

"She went this way I think." Victors voice cut through the silence, my eyes widening as I shook my head.

"I already redlined the rest of the guys, Mr. Blackbourne called and said ETA is five minutes from now." Silas answered him, their silent footsteps making just the barest of noise as they turned the corner.

The Helvion screamed before dropping, Silas shooting back and outstretching his arms over Gabriel and Victor. This was their first time seeing the beast, so the shock and fear covering their faces was understandable. I sighed before shooting out, standing in front of the three crouched and clutching my stubby knife in my palms.

"You guys need to leave." I growled out, one of my palms stretched out as the Helvion peered at me. It roared again, pacing against the wall as it watched all of us.

"What, the fuck, is that!?" Gabriel shouted, an answering roar from the Helvion as it continued pacing.

What was it waiting for?

I was answered by the sounds of more footsteps, the smells quickly twisting and turning into the same group of men that busted themselves into my life without me wanting them. That's when the Helvion jumped, when it had its perfect four course meal.

I looked over my shoulder to find the rest of the group flickering between me and the Helvion, the sound of its footsteps pounding into my ear. "Leave, before it takes you."

I spun and jumped as soon as it did, clashing into its body. It's claws were raking up and down my body, pain erupting over every inch of my skin. We fell onto the floor with its body looming over me, the screams of the boys drowning in my ears as I thrust my hand into its chest.

Flames licked its skin, licking up the cold blood stream as I grasped its heart and erupted my palm before forcing my legs around it. I flipped it over as it struck my chest with its claw, a hole like a bullet wound on my shoulder before I shoved my knife into its head. It went up into flames, my body being pulled from t by an arm I didn't know who belonged to. I was in such a pain induced haze, blood soaking the clothes I wore as my body got lifted up.

Aw man, but I just got those.

My eyes were hazy as I opened them, bright blue skies of outdoors meeting me. I could feel someone carrying me, someone running, but I didn't see who. All I knew was pain, but that was all I ever knew. The sky was quickly replaced by a gray interior, a car maybe? That's what Victor called it, right?

My eyes found silver, black frames covered irises I wanted to touch. Eyes that I wanted to be melted into, to become one. Why couldn't I? I furrowed my eyebrows and reached up, my thumb smoothing out a crease between a set of eyebrows.

I flinched away as someone started putting pressure on my side, green eyes meeting me once more. I couldn't understand his moving mouth, the words he was saying but I could understand the frustration and despair ruining those bright green eyes. I smiled at him as I was lifted again, meeting the bright sky again.

The cold outside air left me as I was brought inside, my eyes shutting lazily as I was placed on a hard surface. A table, maybe? My shirt was ripped even more before goosebumps rose on my skin, my eyes looking around me. Eight men, eight men watching another man work on my wounds.

I gave North a grin, his murderous eyes softening slightly as Silas placed a hand on his shoulder. Luke looked broken with Gabriel right next to him, all traces of the two goofballs I knew gone. Nathan looked both sad and as if he was a raging ball of muscle, understanding flickering through his eyes. He knew the pain of the Helvion, he knew the claws they possessed.

I swatted at a hand pushing on my shoulder, didn't they know I'd heal soon enough? I wasn't worried about myself, I was worried about these boys. These wonderful boys that looked so sad and so afraid at the moment.

"Sean, I'm fine." I whispered, my eyebrows furrowing and creasing. Kota instantly loomed over me, his wide eyes practically boring into me.

"That's crap and you know it sweetie." His controlled voice spanned over me, a smile on my face answering him.

"Princess, please let us help you." I rolled my eyes as I felt my body fixing itself, pushing myself up slowly. I was still sore, but most of my wounds by now should be well enough that a simple stitch or bandage would fix it.

My body never completely healed itself, and it was never any other injuries. Only injuries cause by Helvions were ever healed, and even then it took close to twenty minutes before it started. I looked down at my bare skin, blood smeared over my skin and scabbing beginning to start over my lesser wounds.

"How, how is that possible?" Sean whispered, his voice strangled as he backed away slightly. All of them were staring at me, staring at my stomach and wounds.

I furrowed my eyebrows, was this not normal? Maybe nothing I ever did was normal, maybe I wasn't normal. Well, I don't think anyone that hunts and kills Helvions like I do could be normal. My eyes flickered up to Owen, his eyes set in stone as he watched me.

"What are you hiding from us Miss Sang?" He asked me, taking a single step closer. "What did they do to you at that place?"

I shrunk away from him, pulling at my shirt. "They, they tested on me. I don't know what they did exactly, I'm, I'm sorry."

He reached forward, ignoring my flinch and gently lifting my head up. "How do you kill the Helvions Miss Sang?"

My eyes flickered around slightly, taking in the creased glances the boys sent me. I reached into my pocket and held up my stubby knife, coated in dried black blood. I held it out to him, his eyes taking it in before gingerly picking it up and looking over it.

"Is that all?" The way he spoke it was almost as if he knew that wasn't all, as if he knew I was hiding my powers from him.

I sighed before holding my palm up, watching as flames grew and licked my skin. Owens eyes widened as he took a step back, all of their eyes wide and watchful. I got off the table, watching as he took another step back, away from me. I felt something inside me crumble, I scared them. I was a freak.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, taking a shirt Sean had laid out on the table and fleeing from the room.

"Sang! Wait!" I spun slightly as I opened the front door, Nathan's loud voice filling the room with Kota and Gabriel not far behind him.

I sighed to myself as I stepped out, using my powers to shut the door and keep every exit shut until I was deep within the woods. I messed up thinking I could be normal, but I was a freak. I just needed to hunt, to do what I was made to do.