Chapter Twenty Four

Christmas Eve, possibly the happiest day of the year. Especially in my family. We threw a big Christmas party and invited all of our family. Like my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, it was always a good time.

I put on a grey off the shoulder sweater with a pair of jeans and booties. I took my hair out of two braids and did a quick makeup look.

My mom knocked on the door, "Hey Lenny."

"How was Christmas Eve brunch?" I asked my mom as I continued to do my makeup

My mom held out her hand and I turned around.

"Wait, where is Rose?" I asked looking her new ring

I always called her old ring Rose, because of the rose gold color.

But now my mom had this new oval halo diamond ring that was huge and so beautiful.

"Three karats, all of those hints finally paid off." My mom squealed

"It's so beautiful, did daddy repropose at brunch?" I asked my mom

My mom nodded, "Basically. I thought he was going to wait until we hit twenty years, but apparently not. I got sick of the rose gold, but I have so many memories with that ring. I just wanted to show you, because I mean we might start picking out engagement rings in a few years with you."

"I'm sixteen, not everyone wants to get married straight out of college." I reminded my mom

My mom got off of my bed, "You never know, be down in fifteen minutes. Everyone is pretty close."

I nodded as my mom walked out of my room.

I finished my makeup, keeping it light and dewy. I couldn't wait to sell all of my cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, Christmas was definitely my favorite holiday of all time.

My room had a Christmas tree up, Christmas lights around my bed, along with some other Christmas knick-knacks.

There was a box on my bed that I opened up, I had no idea what it was but it was addressed to me.

Inside the box, there was a letter.

Dear Lennox Grace Cooper,
Here's 1 of 4 presents. Merry Christmas.
I love you,
Wes

I smiled, put the letter to the side and moved the paper.

There was a collage of Weston and I pictures from when we were little to now printed on a canvas. I picked it up and stared at it and smiled.

I heard a knock on the door and I put the canvas down.

"Come in," I responded as I turned around

"Hey, lover." Weston beamed as he walked into my room

I wrapped my arms around him, "Hi, lover."

He moved his arms away after a minute, "I know your room is off limits and everything, but I had to make sure you got your first present."

"It's beautiful, thoughtful, cute, I love it." I beamed as I picked the canvas up

Weston smiled, "Good, good."

I walked over and propped the canvas up on my dresser. Then I walked into my closet and grabbed a box.

"Wes," I called out as he walked in

I threw the sherpa pullover jacket to him that he bought up every time we went to the mall or any clothing store.

Weston held it up and realized what it was.