Chapter Thirty One

- A Few Weeks Earlier -

Today was finally the day my Dad was getting inducted into the North Carolina hall of fame. He invited everyone he ever played football with, coaches, friends, family, everyone.

The dress code was suit and tie and ballgown dresses.

My mom hired a hair and makeup person to get us ready for a night full of pictures.

"Is Weston coming?" I asked her as the lady did my hair

"Yes." My mom answered

She looked at me, "Why?"

"I haven't spoken to him in two weeks, it probably will be awkward," I answered

"Well, he's still coming." My mom answered

Ainsley and Jane walked into the room wearing their floor-length gowns. The dress was absolutely gorgeous, it was from Sherri Hill's new collection for little girls so it was kind of expected. It had beading around the waist and on the shoulders, Jane's was white while Ainsley's was a blush color.

"You two look gorgeous!" My mom said taking a picture of them with her phone

I got out of the chair since my hair and makeup was all done.

"Can we get makeup?" Ainsley asked my mom

My mom looked up, "Just mascara, blush, and lip gloss."

"I'm gonna go get dressed," I announced to the room

I walked upstairs and went into my room.

My dress was hanging from my closet door. I took off the button up shirt and shorts and put it on.

It was a white-colored dress that I got a spray tan for. It had a sparkle to it, it was off the shoulder, and had a gorgeous train. 

I looked in the mirror, the dress was bodycon until the knee area then it flared out to a pleated flare.

I zipped up the zipper, put on the blush colored heels, and headed downstairs.

There was a photographer waiting to take our family pictures. We were all coordinated in colors wearing blushes, whites, and greys.

My mom hated family pictures that we didn't match.

We took pictures in our foyer, on our grand staircase, and outside even though it was freezing.

"Alright, the limo is here." My dad told us

We got into a Cadillac Escalade limo that drove us to the venue that was all the way in Raleigh. It was a long drive, but with my siblings' comedy, it was pretty fun.

When we got out there was this red carpet, this was probably one of the only times we would be in front of the press and media voluntarily. Our parents made sure to keep us out of the spotlight as we grew up and it was something that I was thankful for.

I noticed some of the top new sources like People, ESPN, OK, US Weekly, Star even Sports Illustrated. 

We posed for the cameras, but my parents handed my younger siblings to my aunts pretty quickly.

I turned and saw Weston.

"Hey," I said greeting him with a hug

He hugged me back, "How are you?"

"I'm okay." I responded as he pulled out of the hug

"You look beautiful." He complimented me

I looked him up and down in his suit, "Not too shabby yourself."