154. A Narry Fact (140)

A Narry Fact:

It took me quite a long time to write that one, but it's finally here! My interpretation of Flicker!

First, I'd like to cite Niall's words abut his work.

Niall: I wanted this album to be completely personal.

No doubt why...

Niall: It's written about one person. Most of it is. There's obviously songs that are not particularly about anything, just scenarios I've made up in my head or situations I've seen among my friends. But yeah, for the most part it's about that one person.

What caught my attention is 'one person', he didn't say a girl, we don't know whether it's a male or a female.

Niall: I live most of my life out the public eye. I try to keep as much of it shut as possible, because if you let it out, people start asking you loads of questions and it becomes uncomfortable. That's why I wrote the album I did - because I'm not the greatest talker in the terms of emotion. But I found that I'm good at writing it down on paper and putting it on the record. It's still a hard thing to do but I found it better to do it that way.

Out the public eye? I understand Niall, but how much is a person like him able to keep to himself? In the world of paparazzi and social media? I think that we would have seen him on the streets with his love. And has Niall had girlfriends and has it been actually a serious relationships? I don't think so. But he's been seen with Harry, lately we see this two together quite a lot, don't we?

In Harry's songs not once is mentioned communication, or actually absence of it. Niall may struggle with talking about his emotions and that partly might've been the cause of their breakup?

Niall: When people ask about what the song is about, basically they want to know who you're shagging.

Quite a nice words you used here. But being honest, that's the truth.

1. On The Loose

I think we all can agree that this is a story Niall made up or at least it isn't about him personally so I won't say much about it. Quite coincidental it just started playing at the moment.

2. This Town

CHAPTER 130 >>> my interpretation of This Town

Niall about This Town: 

"Niall says that he always writes the melody first, and the lyrics come later. But for "This Town," he had the title planned for a while – a sign that it's certainly close to his heart.

Niall: A lot of people can relate to it, because it's such a relatable song. If you come from a small town, you get that straight away. Every time you go home...it's like, there's the girl that you fell for when you were 12. It's a real-life honest story.

We know that Niall after releasing This Town wasn't as open as he is now and he feared talking about his emotions and relationships. And I don't blame him for it. But I think that he might've mean something or someone else. What happened in Mullingar 2010?

This Town is the first song Niall's written solo and it was, in my opinion, not too long after the breakup and it describes the feeling of loneliness and emptiness shortly after losing love efficiently. 

3. Seeing Blind

All Niall shared with us about that song is just the way he produced it and how he found Maren so there isn't much we can tell about what inspired him.