155. A Narry Fact (141)

A Narry Fact:

I know I'm lazy, I haven't updated in ages, but interpretations mean that you have to think and that's why it took my a lot of time to write that really crappy chapter.

1. Meet Me In The Hallway

I'd like to focus on some lines from the song.

"Just let me know I'll be at the door, at the door
Hoping you'll come around
Just let me know I'll be on the floor, on the floor
Maybe we'll work it out"

So it's clear that the pair's got some problems in their relationship and I wonder if one of Harry's friends also wasn't going through all of this recently. You know who I mean.

But Harry here is literally screaming for that person to call him, he tells that someone that he hasn't moved on, that he still would welcome him/(her) with open arms, he just waits for that call.

"'Cause you left me in the hallway
Give me some more
Just take the pain away"

I was thinking about the motive of the hallway here. Is it just a metaphor or maybe we should understand it literally? Like what if that relationship ended in the hallway in some hotel?

"We don't talk about it
It's something we don't do"

Communication? I really wanna go and show that two idiots how to talk to each other. Who's with me?

2. Sign of the Times

Harry: Sign of the Times' came from 'This isn't the first time we've been in a hard time, and it's not going to be the last time'. The song is written from a point of view as if a mother was giving birth to a child and there's a complication. The mother is told, 'The child is fine, but you're not going to make it.' The mother has five minutes to tell the child, 'Go forth and conquer.'"

I think that every song means different things to everyone and even tough that might've been the inspiration - the thought that resulted in recording SOTT - but I'm certain that it has a deeper and different meaning for Harry. What is it? I don't know...

I'm not going to say anything, this song is really meaningful and I relate to it and I think that we all have our own story, we all understand this song in different ways and that's just... good, just how it should be.

"This isn't the first time we've been in a hard time, and it's not going to be the last time" 

I'm gonna leave it here for you to think about it.

3. Carolina

Is it bad that I picture Niall as Carolina?

I really need help, goodbye.

4. Two Ghosts

I remember that night when Harry's album came out and I listened to Two Ghosts for the first time. After I heard first line ("Same lips red, same eyes blue") I screamed, "This shit is about Niall!".

"We're not who we used to be
We're not who we used to be
We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me
Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat"

For me this lyric are a bit similar to the theme of Niall's songs. Just a thought...

But, this screams to me communication and communication again. And these ghosts? For me they represent the love that died between the two, but they're still trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat.