Prologue

Twilight: I'm came as fast as I could, you said it was an emergency?

Celestia: I don't believe my letter confirmed this was an emergency.

Twilight: But you said it was urgent.

Celestia: Indeed

Twilight: So what is it Celestia?

Celestia: Have you ever wondered why I created "Celestia's School for Talented Unicorns?"

Twilight: Well, not exactly, but I figured you were trying to find ponies to be able to represent the Elements of Harmony before your sisters return as Nightmare Moon, you were trying to find the Element of Magic, it started with Sunset, but she a...

Twilight: Well, not exactly, but I figured you were trying to find ponies to be able to represent the Elements of Harmony before your sisters return as Nightmare Moon, you were trying to find the Element of Magic, it started with Sunset, but she abandoned her studies and now she's in the human world. She wasn't the Element of Magic, so you kept looking, until you found me.

Celestia: Yes, that is one part of it, but it started way before Sunset. Starswirl actually was the one to start the school. But the main reason you did guess correctly, but there is more to it then just representing the Elements of Harmony. After I had to banish my sister I knew she would return, and because she no longer represented her elements of loyalty, laughter, and honesty we no longer could wield them. For a thousand years I searched for ponies that would represent those elements, and I longed to find the one who would represent the Element of Magic, and I finally did. But that is not the only reason. The other reason why, is that I needed to find a pony that could take over my sister's and I's place when we step down from the throne.

(gasp)

Twilight: You don't mean that....

Celestia: Yes Twilight, Luna and I will eventually step down, and we need you to take our place.

Twilight: But..but..how? I'm the supposed to be the Princess of Friendship, that's my role, I can't be the sun, and moon Princess.

Celestia: Starlight Glimmer will take your place as the Princess of Friendship, isn't that what you have been getting her ready for?

Twilight: Yes, I've been teaching her friendship, but I never expected her to become the the Princess of Friendship!

Celestia: Twilight, this is what I've been getting you ready for, all the times Luna and I have been taken away, you've proven yourself that you can handle the role of being the main Princess.

Twilight: But..I'm not ready for this, I've always looked to you for guidance, I don't know if I'm ready for this change, why do you have to step down?

Celestia: Twilight, I've been ruling for thousands of years, Equestria is finally at peace, you have made Equestria a much safer place, with you as ruler you can guarantee your happiness, and harmony. I know you don't feel like you're ready, but I wouldn't have you take my place if I felt you weren't prepared. 

Twilight: Where will you go?

Celestia: Luna and I will return to our home in the stars,

Twilight: What? That means...

Celestia: We will no longer be in Equestria, we will be with our parents watching over you, although we may be far away, we will always be here to guide you. 

Twilight: When will this be happening??

Celestia: In a couple of moons, we are not leaving until everything is prepared for the crown to be past on to you.

Twilight: I'm not ready for you to leave Celestia! (crying) You've always been there for me, you've been like a mother to me! 

Celestia: And you've been like a daughter to me, you gave me great happiness after Sunset left, you helped me get over my grief of losing my own daughter to evil, but you brought her back to me, although I would have her take my place, she has her own responsibilities as a leader in her own world. But it is time you get ready to become a leader in this world.

 But it is time you get ready to become a leader in this world