Chapter 2: Seeds of Darkness

(Twilight gasps as she wakes up from the dream).

Twilight: SPIKE! SPIKE!

Spike: (yawns) It's not morning....

Twilight! This is serious Spike!

Spike: What is it Twilight, did you have that nightmare again?

Twilight: Yes...I don't know why these dreams keep happening. But I can't help thinking that it means something.

Spike: Why don't you write a letter to Princess Luna?

Twilight: Good idea.

Dear Princess Luna, I've been having this strange recurring dream about a unicorn in a cloak. Normally my dreams don't much farther than just seeing her, but this time it was just horrible. She ended up destroying the Tree of Harmony, I can't imagine what this might mean. Yours Truly, Twilight Sparkle.

Spike: Now we just have to wait, I'm going back to sleep.

Twilight: Ok.

SLAM!

Luna: Tell me about this dream Twilight!

Spike: That was fast.

Luna: Of course, this is urgent. When my sister and I have reoccurring dreams or share one, it's no longer a dream but a vision.

Twilight: Are you saying this dream might come true?

Luna: Perhaps...

Twilight: But that's awful! Who would do this?!

Spike: Perhaps it's Queen Chrysalis coming back for revenge.

Luna: I doubt Chrysalis has the power alone to destroy the Tree of Harmony. This kind of power can only be conjured from within the tree itself.

Twilight: Are you saying that one of elements will destroy the Tree of Harmony?

Luna: It's definitely a possibility.

Twilight: But the pony in my dream, she was a unicorn.

Spike: Rarity would never! How dare you blame her!

Luna: It is a possibility...but that would take so much power. Is there anything else in this dream that we can use to identify who this pony may be?

Twilight: Well she seemed really angry, she was convinced that you and Celestia had betrayed her. She said she deserved to be the rightful ruler of Equestria.

Luna: It is a possibility that whoever this pony is, has been corrupted my dark magic.

Spike: Look, dark magic or not, Rarity may be beautiful, and the most generous pony I've ever met, but there is no way she'd be powerful enough to destroy the Tree!