New Beginnings

25 years later I was bored out of my mind. It had been months since the announcement of my pregnancy and I was due to give birth with in the next few weeks. Because of this, Elsai had be doing nothing tat cold result in even the tiniest scratch. No ice skating. No skiing. Not even leaving the castle gates without accompaniment. I was getting a serious case of cabin fever but Elsai was too over protective to let me do anything active. "Come on...Please?" I whined, "I'll be careful!" "Ingrid,no. We've talked about this. In a few short weeks we'll be parents. Then you can skate to your heart's content. We're almost there." Elsai sighed. "I promise." I groaned in annoyance. All I wanted to do was go to the frozen lake and skate for a little while. Kristoff and Sven would be there getting ice to sell anyway so I wouldn't be alone. "Exactly." I muttered, "We'll be parents. I'll be a mother. I'll be taking care of the baby. It will be forever until i have free time to do anything." "Ingrid, I mean it."Elsai said touching my cheek. "I don't want you or the baby getting hurt." "I'll be on ice! Ice and snow are my life! If I fall, I'll make a snowbank to land in or something. Can't we talk about this?" Elsai gave me a stern look and I knew he wasn't join to change his mind. We were equals when it came to decisions, politics, and stubbornness, but when it came to my safety, Elsai was as unmovable as the North Mountain. I pouted and left his study. I cold spend all day arguing about this and he would remain firm on the subject. Elsai had more important things to do than debate wit me all day. I walked to the big window that Anna, Olaf, and I had to escape ot of during Elsai's snow storm. I could see Kristoff and Sven down in the court yard getting ready to go. This was my chance! I opened the window and made a slide of ice straight down to the ground. I slid down it and landed next to Kristoff and Sven. "Hi guys!" I chirped, "Mind if I tag along?" Kristoff eyed me warily. "Does Elsai know about this?" "Don't worry about it! I talked to him." I laughed." He promised me that I could skate to my heart's content." Not a lie. Not true exactly...but definitely not a lie! "Then what's with the slide?" Kristoff asked in a weird voice to speak for Sven. I patted the reindeer's head," I've been so bored lately and I wanted a little fun. Besides...who actually enjoys stairs?" "I don't know about this...Maybe I should talk to Elsai about this first..." "Go right ahead." I said getting in the sled," Hey! While you're at it, I'll go talk to Anna about how you're so boring, that you have to check in with Elsai like a teenage girl, babysitting for the first time, checking in with a worried parent. I'll see you when you get back!" Kristoff's eyes widened with worry. So it was kinda blackmail... but at this point I was desperate. What no one but Kristoff and I knew, was tat he waws planning to use my baby as an excuse to propose to Anna, saying that he wanted what Elsai and I have, or something along those lines. The only reason I knew was because I'd seen the ring box last time I had tried to get out and had force him to tell me. "Fine." he sighed and got in the sled beside me, "I'm gonna regret this..." He snapped the reins and we were off.