Aaron loses his Temper

A/N: Just a warning, this chapter is more violent than others. If you are UNCOMFORTABLE WITH VIOLENCE, do NOT read. In the A/N at the bottom of the page, I WILL GIVE A SUMMARY OF WHAT HAPPENED.

Just like Hans had predicted, my beatings got worse. My food and water supply was reduced every day. Aaron was becoming more urgent and more impatient.
"SIGN IT, INGRID!" he demanded.
I was in his office once again and hopefully, for the last time. It was the fourth day since Hans had sent for Elsai. If he didn't show up today or early tomorrow, I'd be forced to assume that he wasn't coming. If Hans had decided against sending the letter, if the ship had been lost at sea, if it was too risky to try to save me...I didn't knowo what I would do.
WARNING: VIOLENCE BEGINS HERE. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
I just turned my head away from the desk top, like a child who was refusing to eat their vegetables. Aaron let out a yell of frustration and came around the desk, picking me up by my shoulders and shaking me roughly.
"I AM TIRED OF YOUR INSOLENCE! SIGN THE DAMNED PAPER!!"
"No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it." I said calmly. (Disney's Mulan quote)
Aaron snarled and threw me to the floor in anger. I heard the Duke's satisfied chuckle and glared up at him. Aaron had recently taken to inviting them to see him "deal with" my stubbornness and then to go down to see me beaten. Probably part of the "seeing me suffer" deal he'd made with them. Since our talk, Han's hadn't visited me in my cell, but he came to the office to remind me of his promise to help. The Duke, however, enjoyed seeing me in pain and often came down to my cell. The damned sadist...
Aaron stalked over to me and partially lifted my body from the ground by my hair, making me wince. He struck me across the face making the taste of blood fill my mouth. He picked me up the rest of the way by my throat . I could barely breath and I knew that my pale neck would be an ugly shade of purple later.
"Sign. It."He whispered. Honestly, it scared me more than his yelling.
I closed my eyes and remained silent. He threw me again and I hit the wall. I moaned in pain and curled to protect my stomach. Unfortunately, I was so far along in my pregnancy and I'd eaten so poorly, my thin arms couldn't do much to shield it.
Aaron threw kick at my side and it hit with painful accuracy, "You little bitch.... Why couldn't you make this easier on all of us? The people don't want a witch as a queen, and I don't want a demon spawn as a niece..." He growled.
"Aaron!" Hans finally intervened, "I think that's enough."
Aaron glared at him, but dragged me to my feet, "I swear it, Ingrid...Either you sign that paper by tomorrow...or I will cut that baby out of you, and make you watch as I feed it to the dogs."
He dropped me and I fell back to the floor with a thud. He stormed out of the office, slamming the door behind him. The Duke walked over to me and smirked.
"Don't worry, Your Majesty, if Aaron does kill that little product of Lucifer, you'll see it again. In Hell." He then too left, satisfaction radiation off of him.
END OF VIOLENCE. YOU MAY NOW RESUME READING.
I felt tears drip down my cheeks and grow cold as they left my face. They didn't freeze solid like normal here; instead they became a watery slush...like melting snow. Hans moved over to me and tried to help me up, but I doubled over in pain. Something was terribly wrong... I clutched onto his shirt and mae him bend over so I could whisper in his ear.
"Hans...promise me...Promise me that you won't let Aaron hurt my baby..."
"I wish that I could. I really do." he sighed.
"...Bring me over to the desk."
"You can't possibly be thinking about signing over Arram to him..."
"I'm not." I said as he took me over and helped me sit down."Even if i can't guarantee the safety of my child...I will insure the protection of my people. Get me some blank parchment."
When Hans brought it over, I began writing quickly.
I, Queen Ingrid of Arram, being of sound mind and injured body due to the brutality of my uncle, Aaron of Arram, here by decree, that in the event of my death, the throne of Arram, be passed to my loving husband, King Elsai of Arendale. I name his sister, Princess Anna of Arendale second in line, and Prince Hans of the Southern Isles, third, as payment for his kindness, generosity, and mercy to me during this dark time, provided that he will only step in if King Elsai or Princess Anna give to him their approval.

Queen Ingrid of Arram

I signed my name and pressed my palm against the bottom of the parchment, using most of my energy to make my seal despite the heat.
"I...Ingrid..."Hans stuttered astonished.
"I know it's not next in line, but I figured it's better than 13th." I folded my will and handed it to him."Take this. Don't let anyone but Elsai, Anna, or Kristoff see it...Just in case...

A/N Don't worry, I'm not about to kill off our heroine. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO SKIPPED THE VIOLENT PART: Aaron lost his temper and brutally beat Ingrid himself. He's last blow was a sharp kick to her stomach which she could not protect because she was so thin from lack of good food.